Can not find ABS module with Ross-tech

Ole-dk

Hello
I have a A2 1.4TDI(90bhp) LHD with winther package, Cruise control, Park assist, Radio Concert, Open Sky

I have bought a Ross-tech HEX/CAN with USB.
and I have used the function "Scan all modules"
I did find:
01: Engine
08: Auto HVAC
15: Airbags
17: Instruments
25: Immobilizer
33: OBD-II
44: Steering Assist
46: central Conv.
56: Radio
76: Park assist
77: telephone

What supprised me, is that I do not find the ABS control module.
When I use the Function "Select Control modules"
I can select the one's corresponding to those I did find, and when I click on "03: ABS Brakes" it tries 3 times,without any result.

Can anyone help ?
My question is:
Is the control of the ABS included in an other control-module on the A2 ?
and if it is, Which control module ?

NB: I do not think, that I have any problem with the ABS or ESP, and when I do the selfcontrol by pushing the left tap on the instrument panel it do its selfcontrol without errors.

thank You for Your answers

thank You very much for Your involvment.

At the moment, I am in contact with ross-tech support, and I will let You know, when I have an answer.

I have now lost 3 more.
Can not find
25: Immobilizer
33: OBD-II
44: Steering Assist
any more.

I have been asked to send diagnostics and vehicle data to Ross-tech.
I have today done the scan the asked for and mailed it.

best regards
Ole Denmark

I have now an answer from ross-tech.

-------------------------------------------------------
There was an logic explanation to why I lost three more.
In my first scan, I did not select vehicle but I did use [applications] [control module finder], which finds all modules, but Ross-tech have disables the following 3:

25: immobilizer (NB: no need since it is redirected to 17 on the A2 and measured through 17)

33: ODB-II (NB: no need since it is redirected to 17 on the A2 and measured through 17)

44: Steering assist (NB: no need since it is redirected to 17 on the A2 and measured through 17)

And when I select
[AutoScan]
Pick the chassis (VIN digits 7&8) from the dropdown menu
[Start]
Then 25, 33, 44 do not show up, since they not in the control module list they scan when A2 is selected.

-------------------------------------------------------

Then the problem with reading
03: ABS

Since I can read all other control modules and I do not have any errors, which can interfer with reading ABS, and that other A2 owners can read ABS control module, they eliminate errors in the ross-tech software, ross-tech equipmant , my PC and connection with the A2.

Since I do not have problem with the ABS (working in fysical test) and no warning lights concerning ABS, They suggest, that the error is in the diagnostic-communication-cable to the ABS control module.

This means, that I have to check the wiring.
I think that I will start checking the connectors.

Back