Car cuts out whilst driving

POSH DAVE

A2OC Donor
Can someone help me please
One of my 1.4 petrol A2s is giving me problems ?
It has 120k on the clock and we have had it about seven months now and it has started to cut out whilst driving without any reason no rumbles or anything your driving along and next minute you realise it's not running ? And you can turn the key and it starts straight away and then runs but will do it again after some time ?The engine light is constantly even clearing it comes straight on again and we have replaced both exhaust sensors had the throttle body cleaned etc and just thought I would ask in case anyone has heard of this before ? Anyway it's in the garage now and they aren't sure what to do with it next as anymore work will just be trial and error at my cost ??

Any ideas ?
Thanks
David

Hi what codes are being thrown up? Crank sensors can cause engine shut down issues when warm but don't normaly re start until cool. Hope that helps cheers mike

Well i googled it and got this http://www.obd-codes.com/p0130

So looks like its the o2 sensor or wiring. Did you replace it with a cheap generic part ? i have found that genuine sensors last and are far more reliable. Also if the lead has been damaged by fitting a solder on type sensor could well be breaking down due to water ingress. Hope that helps mike

My 1.4 petrol was doing this a while back, tried a few things like cleaning throttle body etc but nothing seemed to improve it.. Eventually replacing the coil packs resolved the issue for me.

Back