Car is probably a write-off

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markleigh

You might have seen earlier post from me about how I was shunted from behind - impact rear nearside corner.
Car has been in bodyshop since Dec 23rd and I heard two days ago that it looks like it will be written off.
Further inspection apparently revealed stress fractures in the chassis - and the recommendation that a whole new shell is needed...
Will know for sure in a few days.
Have already been hunting for a new car 'just in case'.
I couldn't face the same thing happening again so it's bye-bye A2 and hello Fiat Panda.
:-(

Sorry to hear of your probable loss. We know how that feels.

Have you owned a Fiat before? I only enquire as a switch from Audi to Fiat is quite a big difference. And not only from build quality either. My previous exprience of a Fiat (bought new in 2000) was diabolical, with the after sales service non-existant.
I believe newer models are built to a better standard but the service is still someway behind - hence why they come very low still in car surveys.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

quote:I believe newer models are built to a better standard...

I wouldn't believe that for a second personally. Owned three Fiats in the past (coupe 20V turbo / Bravo 2.0 HGT / punto 1.2) and it will take a long long time to get me to believe the newer models are of a better standard.

Kaine

That was just something I'd heard Kaine regarding newer models - but I'll never find out as I've vowed never to touch another Fiat.

Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Conversations with owners lead me to believe that spare parts are a problem for Fiat, with several variations of seemingly the same part. It's only when compared with the original that differences are apparent. I've never owned one myself, but looking at a neighbours Fiat, they must be made of tissue paper, there are so many dents it's ridiculous. He's obviously a Tesco shopper.

All this talk about Fiat quality...making me nervous.
Any suggestions on spending about £9k on a car - new or s'hand. Needs to be economical and pref. automatic (which I missed in the A2)

Nothing specific comes to mind, apart from saying Toyota/Honda/?Ford?

Take a browse on Autotrader

Kaine

My initial thought was a Honda Jazz. They do these with a 7 speed CVT transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back