Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart_D

Past Member
<center>
castle3.jpg
castle13.jpg
</center>

The Castle Coombe Audi Driver International Event takes place on Saturday 18th September 2004 at the Castle Coombe race circuit near to Bristol.

The main event for the A2OC is obviously not the track day but is the club stand where last year we attracted much attention with 12 cars on the stand; but this year it would be great to double that number!

There's heaps to do to fill the day:
- Meet other A2 owners and Audi fans as they visit the club stand
- Take your A2 around the circuit (with a qualified driver)
- Visit the numerous trade stands and take advantage of many special offers
- Attend some of the technical seminars
- Watch in awe as dozens high powered Audis speed around the track
- Participate in the grand parade around the track at the end of the day

How to Attend
Entrance as a normal visitor to the event is free and you are more than welcome to turn up at any time. However if you wish to be a part of the club stand (recommended!) you will need to arrive at 9:00am (entrance is also free) in order for us to retain enough space for everyone and you will also need a club window display card allowing you entry to the clubs area of the event. This is only available through the A2OC in advance and will not be available on the day.

Exact timings of the day will be posted here shortly, but the arrival time is likely to be around 8:30am - 9:00am.

You are obviously more than welcome to stay in a hotel the night before if it makes your journey easier but the A2OC will not be organising anything official with regards to this.

If you would like to be a part of the club stand, please email me the following details:

- Your name
- Your address (for the club pass to be posted to you beforehand)

Please send your email to: [email protected]

I would appreciate it if you only email me if you are more or less certain that you are able to attend - this is to ensure that we have the correct amount of space reserved for us on the club stand area without looking too stupid!

Once I have received emails from everyone I'll try to put together some suggestions for some optional convoy drives to the event.

Feel free to reply to this post with any questions...
I look forward to seeing you there!

Stuart.

The official website for the event is: www.AudiDriverInternational.co.uk

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

New A2OC Website!

Quick update...

So far we have 3 A2s coming to the event.

Please email me with the details above if you'd like to come along for this great day out!

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

New A2OC Website!

Please note - the deadline for contacting me to confirm you are able to attend this event is 2nd September 2004. The club stand passes will be sent by post to you after this date.

Entry is free to all - whether you are on the club stand or not and if you are going to participate on the club stand, you will need to arrive at or before 9:00am.

There are now 6 A2s coming to the club stand.

New A2OC Website!

Hi Everyone.
Come on, rally round and attend this fantastic day out! Let's see more A2s on the Stand - let other Audi drivers see what they are missing!!
Stuart has put a lot of effort into this club, and he needs your support. I believe we all owe it to him, and this event is the perfect opportunity for us to show it. I'll be there for certain. Register with Stuart by providing the details he needs from you NOW.
Ezza.

Hi Ezza and welcome,
See you there, I'm going and Stuart's already got my details.
I attended last year and thoroughly enjoyed the day out. I'd recommend going as everyone else who attended last year will. The first photograph at the top shows the A2 stand which was close to the event entrance, the look on some people's faces when they saw 10+ A2's in a line was amazing. However, that was nothing compared to the amazement on people's faces when they saw a convoy of A2's snaking across the countryside on our way back to the motorway.

There's plenty to see and do. There is some serious metal out on the track with most of the major tuning houses showing off their wares. The sight, sound and smell of the cars hurtling around the track is awesome. Although most of the emphasis of the day is centred around the track (well the venue is Castle Coombe) there are other things to occupy your time. The parade lap (2 laps) at the end was another highlight.

So if that's whet your appetite then register your details with Stuart (Note!! Stuart's on holiday now until the end of the month).
Anyone know for sure they are coming, It's a good opportunity to put faces to names.

[24]
Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

I'll be there again Shaf.
Like you say, a very good day last year with some awesome machines on the track.

Any Colour Storms coming along?

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Glad you're going Rob, it'll be good to meet up again.

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

I'll be there in the Volvo (no choice, caravan!), I am trying to persuade my son to bring my A2 down. My e-mails to Stu seem to go missing. If you see a really good looking guy with a ****er spaniel, it's me. I will be the one holding the lead, the one with the lead around it's neck is the dog Holly (just to prevent any confusion).

Richard, it'll be good if your son can come in the A2, if not it'll be good to meet up anyway.
Good idea Lee, I'll have some definitely and my mate whose coming in his silver 03 A2 TDi SE may have some (I'm sure I'll persuade him to have some). See you there

Shaf

Ezza and all, thanks for the encouragement on casle coombe. I hope they'll be a stack of emails waiting for me when I return from people that want to come! - Am on holiday right now on a cruise somewhere in the North Sea! Just spent the last two days in Iceland and on the way to Norway now. Thank god there is internet access on the ship!

Dick - I probably have all your emails waiting at home, will reply as soon as I return...

New A2OC Website!

Will be coming up but obviously won`t bother with the stand unless you have some random space at the end ?

A2 TDI Sport Gone but Not Forgotten.

A3 TDI DSG, What do i do with my left arm and leg now ?

I will be there too, so hopefully Stuart got my Email. Went to Castle Combe years ago in my mates trekker (VW 181) and enjoyed it then. You must make a point of visiting the village, it is beautiful, and I think just been awarded best village in the UK

Widdy, you can say that again. We met up in the village last year before driving in convoy up to the circuit. Like you say it is a very chocolate box, picturesque village.

Shaf

Stuart
I did some cruising in the North Sea, they called it fishery protection! Sometimes in the very rough weather someone would say "people pay to do this". I will do my best to get Peter down in the A2, that's a promose.

Jon, we may be able to tag you on the end, but still I'd need to get you a stand pass, so please drop me an email to remind me...

Dick - In Stavanger now. The weather hasn't been too bad except for a major storm on the way here last night which I slept through! So no problems so far. In Oslo tomorrow and then onto Amsterdam and Zeebrugge...

New A2OC Website!

I did email you to say yes, but just to fill the post/replies up, then I shall indicate here that I will be coming,, I will also contact Mason and see if he is up for showing his car off to.

That's great news EF, I'm sure everyone will look forward to seeing your A2...you could probably charge for sound demos if you wanted to!!

New A2OC Website!

Hi all,

Got back from my hols earlier today and have read through all my emails and am pleased to confirm that the current count is: 12 A2s attending. This is great and will prvide a real club presence at this event.

Please can I ask everyone that has emailed me to let me know asap if something has come up and they can no longer attend as it will be very embarrassing for the club if I ask for a plot big enough for 12 cars and I'm the only one there!!

Also, the deadline for emailing me to get a stand pass is Monday 30th August, after this date, you can of course attend the event for free but you will have to park in the general car park, not on the club stand...

I'll send out some suggestions for convoy drives shortly.

New A2OC Website!

Hi Stuart, nice to see that you are back safely. Any sea-sickness suffered along the way?
Great to see that we have 12 A2s coming to the event. We are looking forward to it - hope the weather will be fine and dry on the day. What we really need is an Indian Summer for September (well, I'd settle for that one important day in September at least!). It has happened before, but looks unlikely at the moment!
Ezza

Sept 2001 registered A2 1.4 SE in Crystal Blue metallic, Open Sky Roof, Climate, 'Symphony' 6 CD radio & tape, Bose sound system, curtain airbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back