Information Cat theft

? ..I don’t know what to say ..so so sorry .?. There’s a certain guy used to be on here advertises openly for catalytic converters wanted best prices paid ..nothing wrong with that I hear you say really ?.. I don’t think it deserves any space or time on any Forum .. it can totally write a car off especially an Audi a2 where the car value is lower ...despicable.... Would make anyone want to swear..it’s a sad world we live in ..or a good world with sad people ..

Reactions: Ami
Sorry to hear that, I am afraid, I have no Cats at the minute to offer you.:(

You need to get under the cars and see what other damage has been done. While removing the Cats they may have chopped up the space frame.

Sorry to hear thats happened. Awful. My Prius was written off by a cat thief a few years back. They made bits of the underside.

On the idea of de-cating : I recently took the cat off my TDi A2. It was manky and clogged (210k miles in fairness). Despite my mechanics preference for smashing out its guts I opted to power wash it and then fill it with a dilute solution of Citric acid and leave it soaking over night. This has cleaned it all out nicely.

It's really messed up, that those vandal thieves, caused damage to both of your A2's.
Can the police say something about it?
Also I know the cats contain precious metals, which prices just keep going up, but on eBay replacement cost around £100, or are those really different ones compared to OEM cats?

After some Googling one tip is to park facing a wall if you can.
Is the cat on the A2 definitely at the front?
Is it at the centre or drivers side?

It's really messed up, that those vandal thieves, caused damage to both of your A2's.
Can the police say something about it?
Also I know the cats contain precious metals, which prices just keep going up, but on eBay replacement cost around £100, or are those really different ones compared to OEM cats?
Aftermarket cats have nowhere near the same precious metal content hence their cheaper price.

Back