Catching the A2 bug!

Dal

A2OC Donor
Well I'm finding myself trawling ebay for all things A2 and so far the only thing I've got is a Minichamp 1:43 that I found in Germany (they were nice enough to offer postage to UK):

15431850623_502c5817e6_b.jpg

Got to get a first aid kit / triangle to complete the boot and another climate control panel to steal some buttons off (possibly an early A4 one so I read)

What other collectables are out there that I should keep an eye on?

There are a few standard optional extras that people find worth hunting down.

To me the best one is the rear cupholder box that fits on the central tunnel behind the gearstick. This looks great and is very useful, but not too many show up.
The rear storage boxes are nice too and fit in the rear footwell, but rob you of the legroom, unless you have a child in that seat?
Needless to say, the Votex body kit (especially the Votex ear spoiler) are really popular and very rare.
The central console that is normally only found on A2s with a double DIN radio system, but are a useful option to fit to a single DIN set up
Replacing the mirrors glass with heated mirror glass (the wires are there in the mirror heads on all A2s)

Is this the kind of thing you meant or do you just mean the toys and accessories?

Steve B

Theres a first aid kit on ebay right now.

What about an original Audi A2 brochure? I have quite a few early 2000 Audi brochures in the loft including a A2 one.

I've got the Symphony stereo so have the velvetesque centre console near the handbrake and tray below the ashtray :)

I don't have little kids, but my 5'10" 15 year old daughter probably needs the legroom more than a storage box! Not too keen on a bodykit but if there is wires in the mirrors for heated glass, do some models come with them?

But yes, that's the sort of thing. Might try and get an MP3 connects2 box to at some point. Although I've got the other half one for her TT for christmas, so might try it out in mine first to make sure it works..lol

Watching a couple of first aid kits / triangles on egay at teh moment - just got to hit that BUY button.. perhaps after christmas when the postal madness has calmed down a bit.

Heated mirrors were an option and as I say every A2 had the wires just sitting there and just needing the mirror glass changed to heated ones.

If you have done cash available another nice mod is the RNS E system etc etc.

If you have a few hours you could read through my "holy grail" thread and see the options I went for. You might like one or two of those.
Steve B

Back