CCCU & intermittent faults

Seveer

Hi ...

I think, by reading various posts on this forum, that I have answered my own question but I would appreciate it if someone could confirm or deny.

I have an 02 - A2 1.4 TDI which had this intermittent fault when we bought it but it has now become more of a regular feature.

Every so often the electric windows stop working, the central locking stops working, the aircon unit stops working and the radio stays on after you have switched the ignition off.

As I said at the beginning, these faults appear to be the result of a failing CCCU. Tonight I will track it down and have a look at it's condition.

Thanks in advance
Seveer

Timmus did mine on my petrol a2 sorted and a very nice and knowledgable chap
Give him a shout and I'm sure he will sort it for you

Just for your info
The radio stays on in my car when I switch the ignition off its only when I pull the key out the radio switches off completely!

Sorry crazylegs.. I meant that the radio stays on when the ignition is off, keys are out and we are out of the car with the door shut. Although if you press the off button it will go off ... Bizarre

Sorry crazylegs.. I meant that the radio stays on when the ignition is off, keys are out and we are out of the car with the door shut. Although if you press the off button it will go off ... Bizarre

If you switch the radio in when he ignition is off the radio will stay in after you remive the key.

Is it possible that this is what happened?

Try it. With the ignition off switch on the radio and it will stay on.

Steve B

Nope ... If you are out in the car with the radio on, the first thing you notice is the aircon unit goes off. Then you try the windows and they're dead. If you take the keys out of the ignition the radio will play away to itself and then you try the central locking and its a no go ... After 30-90 minutes or so we are all good to go again

Back