CCCU playing up : 8Z0 959 433 AF

marshy98

Hi

My CCCU has started playing up, noticed a couple of weeks ago when turning the ignition to position 2 the centre locking clicked like it was trying to unlock, disconnet battery, discharged acros terminals, removed unit, checked plug, all ok, cleared faults with VCDS and all was ok untill yesterday when it started to do it again.

Is this a case of just buying a identical unit and replacing it or do I need to source a unit complete with keys ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Paul

I have the same issue with one of my A2's, it seems Temp dependent, I am going to replace mine & open up the faulty unit to see if I can find a dry solder joint etc & get to the bottom of it hopefully, once I get a chance, I will put a tread here to help others.
Cheers
Ami

Hi

Thanks for all the replies, so I just did another scan it’s showing intermittent fault on rear left door, am I correct in thinking change this door lock and this should cure the problem?

Regards

Paul
994828B7-8232-4E00-B9F6-79235E7654D9.jpeg

am I correct in thinking change this door lock and this should cure the problem?
Yes, as long as you fit a brand new lock, it’ll be fine. Any used lock that you buy is likely to have the same problem or another similar problem.
Your existing lock can be repaired, which is always what I do when resolving this issue for fellow club members. So, whichever route you choose, do not bin your existing lock; we’ll need as many as we can get in the decades to come.

For reference, I charge less to do the whole job, inc. the lock repair, than retailers charge for a new lock alone.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi

Thanks for your help

Can You please give me a price to repair my lock, I see you offer a mobile service, do you cover my area, Ely, Cambridgeshire ?

Regards

Paul

Back