cd playechanger

adetdi

hi every1, the previous owner of my a2 as had a sony 6 disc changer fitted to the standard cassette headunit, i want to change the head unit to the audi cd head unit and was wondering if the disc changer will still fit?
the button to the left underneath of the volume control on mine says "cc/cd" but some of the cd players iv looked at on ebay only say "cd"

anyone shed any light please?

Hi adetdi, welcome to the A2oc
There were major changes to the radio units from mid 2001 to suit the updated can bus wiring system. The newer units are designated Chorus 2, Concert 2 etc and these are not easily interchangable with the previous versions. I'm not sure, but suspect the later head units are marked 'cc/cd' and the early ones, 'cd'
If you buy from e.bay, make sure the head unit matches the model year of your car and check it actually fits an A2. Many are advertised as fitting all audi models but probably won't.The safest way is to get the correct part number from the dealer as a cross reference.
The Sony changer will use a special adaptor harness and this should transfer to the new head unit.
Hopefully other club members who have done similar conversions will provide first hand advice on the installation.

Cheers Spike

Back