central locking and windows

brimer

can any one help, my daughters a2 tdi has started to unlock its self all on its own and the windows come down , and the key fob will not always work.. have tryed new batterys.

Hi brimer,

The windows come down if you hold the unlock button down on the key fob, so maybe the key fob is faulty? Do you have both original key fob keys? If you do, take the battery out of the faulty one, or put it out of range of the car. Use the 2nd key only and see if the faults continue.

If it isn't the keys then it could be the central convience (spelling:eek:) unit, but a scan of the car using VAG-com would probably show some fault codes for this type of problem.

Keys are cheaper!

I also remember my wife having this problem, and she traced it to shoving her keys in a pocket on her handbag and accidently pressing and holding the unlock button. But remember, the doors will automatically relock if none of them are opened within ~1 minute, so your car should always remain locked even if you press the button by mistake.

Cheers,

David

thanks

am going to try re codeing the key later on today, if this does not work will try the vag-com route, she only got one key with the car. thanks.

Back