Central Locking Issues - at a total loss!

PaulA2

Hi to all reading this and hoping someone in the masses can educate a man that "believes" he has tried every combination of locking pressing buttons, ignition on, off, door manual locking etc! Searched previous threads and am stumped!

What I can confirm:

The remote was working 100% prior to CCCU change from one car to another no not working!
No faults on CCCU.
CCCU registers / sees the remote on vagcom module 46, means blocks 08, channel 007, second window along registers a 1,2 or 3 pending which button is pressed on remote. First window count is 0 and third window binary list has 1110 showing. I have tried going into adaption of module 46 then channel 21 and it says 0 keys are stored so select 1 save and press the remote button, module states recognized but nothing!

Tearing my hair out ( if I had hair that is) to try this as it must be something I am not doing quite right but followed ross tech sequence etc and previously had success before, slightly bemused as re-synced many a key in the past!

Its strange seeing as the CCCu recognises original remote and all others I have but can seem to store the ******!

Even done the adaption channel 00 to 000 in an attempt to remove any other stored keys etc and start from scratch!

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Try this,

The Gendan instructions are slightly wrong

(The following is done after you have selected control function 46 "CCCU"
Then click on adaption
Then)

"Enter channel "01" (May be channel "21" in some Audi models). - It is 21 for the A2

[Read]

This will display the number of currently stored remotes in "Stored Value". - Mine always displayed "0" as I think all A2s do?

Enter your total number of keys up to a maximum of 4(including any existing keys) in "New Value" - This is where the instructions are wrong. The "New Value" field is the POSITION of the key (out of the 4 positions) NOT the number of keys you want to code, So instead of following those instructions, try this,
You use the "up" arrow to move to the position you want the key to be in (or type the number in (1 to 4) and then (without clicking test or save or anything) press the lock button on the key that you want to pair into that position then "save".
The instructions state that you should enter the total number of keys and that is not right. I could verify that it is wrong by clicking the up arrow to get to 1 then pressing the lock button on the key I would see "Recognised" appear in the field at the top.
I could then click the up arrow again (to number 2 for example) and when I pressed the lock button on the key, the field changed from "adjustment" to "recognised".
What happens then is if you click save it just saves the key position you have displayed at that point, not all of the others too.

So I would recommend trying the following, click on the up arrow to get the "1" (or key in "1"), the field will show "adjustment", press the lock on the key you want to pair first and the field will change to "recognised" click on save and then you have now paired the first key. Then use the up arrow to move to "2" and then press the lock button on the second key that you want to pair, when that changes to "recognised" you save that and then repeat for "3" and "4" saving each time. (if you want 4 keys that is!!)

Steve B

HI Steve

tried your process to the letter and still no joy, at a total loss now and its hacking me off!

I have seen your thread when you tried to sync a new style key so used that for reference too.

Is there anyway to completely wipe all the stored keys and start over? I have tried channel 00 of module 46 in adaption mode and saved when reading it. Don't really understand why it was working in the donor car now its not. All I can assume is a messed effort to store keys has caused the conflict.

Any help is massively appreciated! Next stop to try and source a new CCCU which is an avenue I would prefer not to take as this was working and zero fault codes. (well bar a door lock which I will replace soon as I get time!)

Hi,

what was the part number of the old CCCU and what is the part number of this CCCU you are using.

It really does sound like your keys are wrong for this new CCCU.

Also do you have the old one still? At least you could try the above instructions and see if they work on that one.

It would help to know at what point the process seems to be failing.

Are you firstly getting the word "Adjustment" in the field near the top when you have entered the key position you want to use (and have you tried all key positions)? If so, when you press the button is that word switching to "recognised"

I have not zeroed the number of keys even with the instructions that Ross Tech supply, it doesn't seem to do it, but it doesn't seem to prevent the coding on the keys either.

Steve B

Steve

The CCCU new ends in E I think but will confirm tomorrow as leaving it be for now!

I am only trying to match the key to it that worked with the donor car! Interestingly the process you suggest above works as you would expect i.e. I get recognised after each position is scrolled through. I am just wandering if the same remote is stored in 2 positions it could cause the issue?

I have loads of remotes so I plan tomorrow to try them all in different positions to see if this removes this possible conflict. I know the CCCU sees all the remotes in measuring blocks (channel 007) so I would assume all will store. Plan is to try and store a different key in each position. Another point to add is when I tried the original working key tonight the binary list in the 3rd window of measure blocks 007 changed from 1110 to 1111 when storing key in position 4 which suggests it has been accepted!

The old CCCU seemed to work ok but said was faulty on scanning and the car is slow to start so suspected it may be draining battery although I suspect it was not so swapped starter motor today too! I appreciate your swift feedback and rest assured if I get to the bottom of this I will add detail here!

Thanks, Paul

if you are using the key from the donor car and if you are getting "recognised" are you hitting save when you see the "recognised" then exiting the control unit (via "exit - go back.

I believe that the code 1110 indicates that keys have been coded to positions 4, 3 and 2 (the Ross Tech instructions indicate that 4 is the first one going down to 1)
So in your case you had position 1 available (not 4) and so you should have selected number 1, then click the unlock button on the new key, then save, then exit.

Pairing the same key in more than one position should not cause any problems by the way.

Steve B

Steve,

Interesting as it changed after saving in the exact sequence in number 4 so sounds like it may be other way round! Any how going to have another play tomorrow! Cheers for your input.

Steve,

Interesting as it changed after saving in the exact sequence in number 4 so sounds like it may be other way round! Any how going to have another play tomorrow! Cheers for your input.

It may well be another error in the Ross Tech instructions, it did sound strange to have the first character indicating the fourth position!!!

Last time I was in contact with Ross Tech they asked for a scan of my A2 "Because the A2 was not sold here!" (mmmm)

They are great at support and very helpful in general, so this is not a criticism.

Steve B

Steve

I could not agree more. They were instrumental in coding my Q5 when I retrofitted a towbar. They are very receptive to any feedback and real life experiences people have which is great as it benefits everyone. I would be lost without this capability and its a huge bonus to owning the brand!

Well it appears the CCCU is not accepting any key codes / unlocking the doors despite following the procedure to the letter and testing on another car! Old unit back in and keys coded up fine, tested immobiliser coding too so good progress, just waiting on new transponders!

Back