Chat Cheap 17" wheel caps ? (Copies)

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi,

If you are looking for cheap centre caps for your 17" 9 spoke sport alloys and have shied away from the cheap imported copies, then perhaps they are an option.

I bought a set from this eBay advert for £25 (for the set of 4!)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-ALLO...8-tt-s-line-/222585307679?hash=item33d31e421f

I thought it would be worth £25 to try them out and it was a pleasant surprise.

At first they would not go on because the centre "hooks" were too tight and they would have broken if forced. But I just compressed the steel ring slightly to ease off the pressure a little and they fitted nice an securely and look great.

I am not going to go into copyright laws etc. that is too big a subject for here, but that is up to you. But I did check out this subject in detail when I was producing the Votex style rear spoilers and the legal team pointed out that there are NO copyright laws covering car parts and the design rights expire 10 years after the part was first produced, so that is good enough for me.

They are on 18" RS4 wheels here but they are the same part number for the 17" too and so have the same fitting.

Steve B

9B7D8DBB-371B-4450-B629-9924DA2CFA41.JPGIMG_0773.JPG
IMG_0776.JPG

Last edited:
Good info. I'm having mine refurbished for ten quid each, I'll see what sort of job they make of them first.

I have the same ones fitted to my 18" RS4s on my TT since the beginning of the year and agree they are brilliant for the price, in fact one of my original caps was fine so I left it on the car and just fitted three of the new ones and I can't tell them apart.

Back