Cheap mod

willnabby

Here's a couple of cheap mods I made to the headlamps & grill, both are removable if I decide I don't like them anymore (or when I see them in daylight!)

Drivers side with lamin-x, passenger side without.
View attachment 2198

Both done plus the grill de-chromed.
View attachment 2199

Thats not my proper number plate, it's from an old car, I just don't know how to the numberplate blur on my pics, lol.

:D Nice, I like the grill de-chromed (I have a spare grill I might try that on) :)

So what does the Lamin-X do to the headlights then, I can see a difference (which looks cool by the way) but I'm not sure what the purpose is.

It's main purpose it to protect the lens from stonechips, it's a quite thick, but pliable material that will absorb any impact from stones.

It's main purpose it to protect the lens from stonechips, it's a quite thick, but pliable material that will absorb any impact from stones.

Cool, I'll get myself some of that. Does it hide marks on the lens surface at all?:)

Willaby, what colour is the lamin-x that you applied - is it the subtle tint or the gunsmoke?

Many thanks

The colour i got was called "tint" as it was from lamin-x.com in the U.S, at the time of ordering lamin-X.co.uk only did gunsmoke but this is very dark, but now .co.uk do "subtle tint" which is a 6% tint, mine is 7% tint, the gunsmoke is about 14% i think & it really doesn't suit the A2, also lamin-x in the U.S were painfully slow taking 5 weeks to get it to me, I used the uk company for my red rear film & had they sold the "subtle tint" back then I would have used them instead because they were far better to deal with, Neil from the U.k firm always emailed me straight back when i had enquires or needed help especially with fitting the LED rear indicator bulbs/resistors & he posts stuff out so you get it within a couple of days of ordering.

Last edited:
Back