Chorus 1 to Concert 2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixteen2

Hi,
We have just got a March 2001 A2 with a Chorus 1. Is it possible to install a Concert 2 without any problems? or will the lack of CAN-bus stop it working?
Hope someone can help as we can't live with the Chorus for very long!

Matt

As far as I know, you have to string some wires to get the CAN-Bus to the radio, but there are some people who have done it...

Bye, Frido.

----
[img=left]http://homepage.mac.com/frido/a2pic.gif[/img=left]
A2 1.4 TDI 2003 S-Line, cobalt blue, CC, DIS, SatNav+, TV, Apple iPod
now parents' car: A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS
My A2OC pics Homepage

Thanks Frido, do you know who from or where I can find out how to do this? I've seen some diagrams on the German forum which I think are relevent but would like some more help.
Thanks
Matt

Sixteen2

If you want translations I am one of a number of people here on the forum who speak German and can help you translate. Of course translations are one thing and understanding a CAN-BUS is another. To me a CAN-BUS is a Transit van with windows...

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

Which model year is your A2, they started using CAN-Bus around 7/2002.....?

Bye, Frido.

----
My A2OC pics Homepage

Very simply CANbus is a type of network to string various components of the car together. This can include stereo, engine management, dashboard etc.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Rob, my reg date is 23/10/01, so I suppose I have'nt got one. Is that good? Or bad. I know it means Controller Area Network, thats the CAN, and we all know what a BUS is. I just wondered if I upgraded my radio would all the buses stop, or baked beans be in short supply. Seriously though folks, I would like to upgrade my radio, just to provide the capability to play cds, and Halfords seem to be making offers that seem attractive, and my insider at Halfords tells me that one fitter there will do a good job, but the others.......
A merry Christmas to all my readers.

If you want to upgrad your radio, it is better if you don´t have CAN-Bus. The wiring is more like "normal" radios and you save some money you would otherwise have to spend on adapter cables.....

Bye, Frido.

----
My A2OC pics Homepage

I was told by the Audi dealer that they can supply a Concert II that fits the older A2's without CAN-Bus. One problem - the price! The cheapest alternative was an exchange replacement - total £512 including VAT!!! Part no. 8Z0 057 186D. I was looking at this as I wanted to keep an original Audi unit in the car, but at that price it's not worth it as the car is only worth £7000 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back