Christmas Tree

bogmanfan

Hi all, looking for a little advice here...

Driving down to my parents' place this morning and I stalled at a junction (hey, i'm a learner). Anyway, started it up again and made the right turn into a steep hill. About halfway up the hill I get a loud beep from the DIS and the dash lit up like a christmas tree. In total: ABS, Traction control, EPC and engine management lights lit up. In addition, power dropped massively. I pulled over immediately and turned the ignition off, checked the manual to see which lights they were.

Anyway, since I was less than a mile from parents' house, I said I'd try to press on. Started it up and the ABS and Traction control lights went out. Drove to my mum's with no problems, just EPC and Engine Management lights on. When I left her place to come home (only about 2 miles) I found the EPC light had gone back out again. Arrived home, no problems, just turned it on again now, all lights go out and car is driving perfectly.

So, where to now? I've only had the car a month, didn't buy from an Audi Dealer but an independent around 150 miles away from me. I have a 6 month engine/gearbox warranty, so should I bring it to him this weekend, or wait a few days to see if the lights come up again?

Thanks to anyone who made it to the end of this very post and can offer advice.
John:)

Last edited:
I'd find anyone in your area that can give you a full diagnostic scan to see if any faults are stored.

If there's any form of manufacturers warranty, take it to a dealer and ask for their opinion. Even if there's no warranty left, it might make sense to drop into a dealer and report the symptoms, get them to perform a scan and then let them tell you what they intend to do. You are under no obligation to book the car in with them and then you've just had a scan for next to nothing!

Cheers,

Mike

Back