Chrome Instrument Surround

FlyingScot

Every picture I can find of an A2's dash shows a chrome surround for the clocks, I even read an old review the other day and it mentioned the chrome surround.

My A2 doesn't have this. It's quite an early one, a 2001 1.4Tdi SE.

Did these early one's not have the chrome or is there a bit of trim missing from my car?
It does look a bit un-finished but I can't be sure.

Any info appreciated, cheers.

As Bret indicated the Aluminium Pack which included the clock surrounds was a £140 optional extra when I bought my tdi SE in 2001.
The clock surrounds are integral with the instrument cluster and not available separately

Cheers Spike

There is a kit of alloy clock rings for the A2 on ebay, look at Item number: 290617687869. Anyone know where I can get the chrome trim for arround the gear stick gator?

Ta,

Mark

There is a kit of alloy clock rings for the A2 on ebay, look at Item number: 290617687869. Anyone know where I can get the chrome trim for arround the gear stick gator?

Ta,

Mark

The gearstick surround is an official part. So is the passenger grab handle with an aluminium highlight, glovebox door handle. Door armrest aluminium highlight are different part number for the whole door card. You should be able to ask your local dealer for the aluminium gator surround or try asking stoke audi parts.

I just took a look at that ebay item. Looks pretty horrible, sorry. Nothing like the original and is in the wrong (polished) finish if you were to match the rest of the aluminium trim.

I just took a look at that ebay item. Looks pretty horrible, sorry. Nothing like the original and is in the wrong (polished) finish if you were to match the rest of the aluminium trim.

My car has no aluminium trim. The steering wheel Audi emblem, gear knob, handbrake button and door handles are all in a polished chrome type finish so I reckon these'll go quite well with that.

Back