Clear chrome side repeaters

bobsimes

Hi,

Took the plunge yesterday and ordered these from ebay after studying the part numbers (they did not say they would fit an A2) they arrived in less than a day and i have fitted them, they look and fit fine, however the store i got them from have no more in stock but these are the same and are about the same price (£15 for a pair with bulbs)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-CHROM...arParts_SM?hash=item5ad4b7c134#ht_1974wt_1165

they come with bulbs and just push in.

just do a search on "a3 side repeaters" there are loads on ebay clear and smoked just make sure they are the oblong ones not square

see attatched pics.

simon

Fitting with an LED bulb would take that fried egg look away too!!

I did this mod to Tank - however, as with all my mods, I only use Audi parts, so I had to re-shape my wings to take the A4 repeaters.

Cheers,

Mike

What is the bulb in the side repeater and where can i get led ones, i havent been able to find any model numbers and will the led be orange?

Chris

It's a WY5W bulb Chris.

If you get an LED version, it'll be clear, as are pretty much all LED bulbs - hence you'll not see a 'fried egg' in the reflector!

Cheers,

Mike

But will an led, cause the indicators to flash quickly as the led does not have the correct resistance?

Chris

Back