Climate Control - Help!

Sedge

Hi everyone, I am a new A2 owner, had the car for about 3 months now.

I have a 52 reg A2 1.4SE which should come with climate control as standard. For some strange reason, the mad person that bought my car as new decided they didn't want it(???) so now I am stuck with a normal heating system.

Does anyone know if the car would still be wired and set up for climate control?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Sedge
Welcome to the A2oc.
When first launched, the SE did come with climate control as standard but Audi quickly dropped this and a few other goodies off the spec. I don't know exactly know when this happened but I have a Jan 03 price list and this shows CC as an £800 option on the SE. If the car was built without the system then retrofitting it would be extremely expensive - a wild guess would be £3000+ for parts and labour.
If you bought the car from a dealer and were misled into thinking it had CC then you may have some comeback.

Cheers Spike

Thanks for the advice guys.

Unfortunately, the dealer I bought the car from did tell me it had climate control and it wasn't until they delivered it I realised otherwise.

Does anyone have any companies they can suggest to do the standard A/C.

If not, I guess I will be sweating this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the dealer misled you, then you should be looking for a financial contribution from him, I would have thought. Time for the Citizens Advice Bureau...

If you have paperwork showing climate then the dealer has no case, don't worry about the time you had the car or be put off that you accepted it. They failed to deliver to the contract.. You may not need a lawyer if you are lucky and the dealer takes the correct line, but be very firm, after all you have been missing an important item that you paid for for 3 months. There are many A2s in the dealer system and I'm sure they will find the exact car that you need.

Sedge

Our first A2 was an early 52 SE and as standard it did not have Climate (I don't beleive air con, as you get on basic VWs, was ever an option on the A2 - it was hot air only or full climate)

At the time Audi had an offer on for Climate and metallic for ££££s less than list (dont remember exactly but may have been £500) and we took the option so got climate.

To convert will be major cost as it will mean BIG strip out to fit condenser and compressor and re-plumb heating - would be cheaper and easier to change the car!

BTW if you have a CD it is an early 52 as shortly after they dropped back to a radio cassette!

Back