Climate control - what's it supposed to do exactly?

edward452

Yes I know it maintains the temperature you select, but I notice that despite setting it at 22 on a cold day, it blows out cool air at face level. Is it so clever that, despite providing general warmth, it knows it is a good idea to keep you alert? Sorry if this is naive, but I'm so impressed with this car I wouldn't be surprised if it did - or is it broken, in which case I'll take it back to the garage under warranty?
Also, is there an explanation somewhere as to how it works?

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

Ian

Hi Ian
There are temp sensors in all the main air outlets which control motorised flaps in the ducting. These blend fresh and heated air and distribute it to the various grills. I don't think the system is set up to give different temps from upper and lower outlets so you may have a failed sensor or servo motor. Both will show up on a diagnostic check so its back to the dealer (Hadwins?)
I used to subscribe to the Audi ERWIN service information site which had some excellent overviews of all the car systems. Unfortunately they now charge a fortune for the privelige of viewing this data.

Cheers Spike

Have thought the same myself sometimes Ian, even mentioned it to the stealership and they said it was working fine.I did notice it gets warmer quicker now tho. Where a 'heater' blows out 'hot' air, mine only seems to be warm air. I'm sure the A2 pros will post us a better reply.
Only had mine 4 weeks and I love it.......despite the remarks off workmates etc :D

Last edited:
spike said:
Hi Ian
There are temp sensors in all the main air outlets which control motorised flaps in the ducting. These blend fresh and heated air and distribute it to the various grills.

Cheers Spike

This car seems to be getting cleverer by the minute :D Don't know if there is one, but is it worth getting one of the Haynes manuals for the A2 for us newbies :confused:

SantfeKuss said:
This car seems to be getting cleverer by the minute :D Don't know if there is one, but is it worth getting one of the Haynes manuals for the A2 for us newbies :confused:
I Had already thought of this but unfortunatly Haynes have not published one and have no intention of
printing one either ......

SantfeKuss said:
I did notice it gets warmer quicker now tho.
Maybe the drop in temp recently has fired up your Auxiliary Heater? This will drastically speed up the warming up process and happens when the outside temp drops below 5degC approx. I find ours blows nice and warm at quite high fan speeds till we're nice and cumfy! The Merc on the other hand only ever puts the fan speed up to 4 out of 6 or 7 segments on the fan speed graph, even when the cabin's still chilly and the engine's warm - quite an old fashioned climate control system!

Back