CLIMATE CONTROL

Status
Not open for further replies.

demo

Please dose anyone know if it possible to fit climate control to an ordinary A2 non-SE model. and how much it will cost

Demo,

I do not have a clue about the specifics, but let me tell you this:

Back in june my A2 was delivered. However, production screwed up and they delivered the car to my dealer WITHOUT the CC.
Since I wanted to drive my precious A2, I asked the dealer to release the car to me anyway and retro-fit the CC after some time.
They absolute did not want to that. Instead, they even opted to return the car to Germany and let Audi build a completely new car, risking another long waiting time, my discontent and the possibly resulting costs (in my case: a replacement rental A2 for a period of my two week holiday). So they must have seen lots of probs with retrofitting the CC.
Combined with what I read on other forums, I got the idea that the CC needs to many changes/additions to existing electronics. More than any dealer would be willing to guarantee of that they would all be working order after the many many theoretically needed hours to fit the stuff.

Price-wise I'd think that these difficulties and risks should be reflected in the price. So count on way way more that the list-price of CC as an accessory.

But I'm afraid it'll stay a dream anyway. It won't hurt to ask your dealer of course, but expect a negative answer.

Good luck,
Edo

--
Edo
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

The old story used to be that when they built a car they started with the heater matrix and built the car around that. Now I think they start from the CC and work outwards

Swiv, did the dealer spot the lack of CC before you arrived to pick up the car? My dealer didn't notice that it was the wrong colour.... sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back