Climate on the blink...

chishkat

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has experienced similar issues and has any advice?

I noticed last week that the car seemed to be steaming up when me and the kids were popping out. Then yesterday I had what appeared to be rain drops on the inside of the windscreen!!
I'm assuming that that aircon / climate has gone on the blink, does anyone have an idea of how much it costs to get sorted???

Typically Im having gearbox issues as well (on another post!) and Im on maternity leave so money is tight. Only planning to keep the car for another year before I upgrade so might just trade it in, if its going to cost and arm and a leg.. :(
Cheers
Kat

Hi Kat
There are many reasons why the climate control can stop working correctly so the first step is to have a diagnostic scan to check for faulty components.
I also read your mail about the gearbox issuse and suspect Audi would charge over £100 just to investigate both problems.
If you have the time and don't mind a trip down the M62 I would recommend you contact Mike (Skipton01 - see his post on the gearbox thread) He could do the scan and check out the gear linkage etc and save you a considerable ammount of cash.

Cheers Spike

Cheers

Thanks for the reply but can't travel very far due to 2 v small nippers, will get other half to drop in with local Audi (and get a posh courtesy car!! lol )

Thanks again
Kat

Hi Kat,

For the windows to steam up that bad, no fresh air would be entering the system. If you set the fan speed high, can you hear any difference when the recirculation button is lit up and off? If the motorized flap is working, you should hear a different sort of roar as the fan blows the air - difficult to describe.

Strongly suggest that the recirculation button is kept off and fan speed set to four bars or more. The air should go to the screen if the top right button is lit.

John.

Back