Clogged Fuel Filter

imranshariff

A2OC Donor
Hi guys

I was changing the fuel filter on my 1.4tdi, (using the guide on the forums, very helpful by the way) and as expected noticed a very black fuel filter like the picture shown in the posts. However I also noticed that there was a small circular black film at the bottom housing of the filter. the best way to describe is that it is like a small piece of circualr filter paper but instead the texture was very shiny and smooth.
Got rid of it, replaced with new filter and O ring,checked for leakage and off I went. Now I am getting around 55mpg whereas I used to be getting mpg in the late 40's. Obviuslly happy with the result, but thought I would flag this up, as this there is lot of information on algae forming in tanks and thought that perhaps the owner before me has been using cheap supermarket fuel or hasnt replaced the filter within regualr service intervals.

Any thoughts, was thinking of getting the whole system purged in case some of the contamination has got through into the fuel lines. Am I overreacting?

£25.18 plus the vodka and tonic:rolleyes:
03052008236.jpg

03052008234.jpg

also did the air filter and had to remove the lower engine cover,someone seeing it has f.a.s.h has hacked away the cover so they dont need to remove the cover to change the oil.
not impressed with my findings tbh

Last edited:
Back