Colour of pull-out load cover

Pilchard

Have been messaging a breaker on Ebay for 6 or so interior bits and accessories but the bozo's rubbish coms is driving me nuts.
He had confirmed all details of the order, so I paid him. Then he started finding probs.

My recently aquired bright silver A2...the Audi colour name I don't know but it's the classic Auidi "polished aluminium" looking colour... is short of it's pull-out load cover. My interior colour is presumably Soul... Black! He's saying the load covers he has from similar Silver A2's are "dark grey".

Can anyone offer clarification before I cancel this order for a full refund... for all of the bits including this cover? I'm trying to keep/return everything to original specification. I don't want to own a mongrel.
Should the cover be a "dark grey". My Soul interior is black, but the centres of the seat squabs and backrests ARE a slightly paler (and textured) colour.

Check firstly the sticker underneath the false floor in the boot. It contains all the factory specs codes, including interior colors.

Swing, which is predominantly dark grey, was only available for 2000 and 2001 model years.
Soul, which is what I'd call black, was available from 2002 model year onwards.

According to your profile, your car is from 2002. We therefore know that your interior is Soul. Knowing the model year of the breaker's car could provide a key bit of information.

Cheers,

Tom

He's saying the load covers he has from similar Silver A2's are "dark grey".
He may well have (and have had) covers from silver A2's in dark grey. As Tom says, Swing was available until the 2002 model year, when it was replaced by both Soul black and Platinum, the light grey.

Check firstly the sticker underneath the false floor in the boot. It contains all the factory specs codes, including interior colors.
This is worth both you and your vendor doing, if he still has the car on site. You will see something like N0G/YA on the sticker, the N0G is the seat specification and the Yx is the trim colour scheme as a whole: N0G means cloth standard ("SE") seats, YA is Soul Black with black seats, actually a dark charcoal which are slightly lighter in the centres. But irrespective of whether they're Soul or not, if you both have the same Yx part of the code then any plastic trim item from his car should be the right colour for yours.

Failing the stickers, if he has any A2 on site, then any Soul black item of trim will be a very good match for the entire dashboard of one that doesn't have the beige/cream 'Twist' interior. An interior in Twist should be obvious, but to confirm, if the OEM radio, climate unit/heating control knobs or cubby hole in the central stack match the rest of the dashboard then the dashboard is Soul black. Even when compared to a Twist interior, a Soul item will be near enough the same colour as the centre stack items of the dashboard: these are always black, although the early hard-touch items are a tad darker than the later ones.

Hope that's not too confusing :D

Last edited:
There was also a colour code sticker on the underside of the ash tray behind the hand brake.

For someone new to the A2 it is confusing, remember it well, still am to a lesser degree. To be sure may I suggest you post a picture of your white options code sticker.

As mentioned above it is normally in the boot tool area. You are looking for a sticker like this..

image.jpg

The sticker has been reported in several locations but this I think is the commonest...

image.png

The sticker is also in the service record book if you have it ....

image.jpg

You can decode the sticker using this...

Hope this helps.

Andy

Christ! Lots of replies... and so quick. You must all be self isolating and already at your wit's end.

Why is it so bloody difficult?
I have no service book... there is no ticket under any part of the ashtray assembly... and having removed everything that will remove from the boot area, can find no sticker. There is just one thing in that boot area... a block of black polystyrene, that presumably encases something, that's occupying the entire space (see Andrew's photo) where green arrow is pointing. In mine, that black plastic box isn't there and all but for a slim clearance space for two bolt lugs foreward of the black poly block is occupied by this mystery block of black polystyrene... which doesn't want to come out with, so far, just sympathetic persuasion. It looks in fact like it's never been out, or isn't supposed to come out. Whatever it is, and if it's hiding a ticket.... I've reached a dead end.

So I suppose I should contect the vendor/breaker and ask HIM to photograph HIS tickets. Am sure he'll be over the moon.

Is there no other way of doing this? If, as I've said, I have a bright silver 2002 car with black (proper black) interior with just only slightly paler middle sections to the seats... then my interior is called "Soul"or "Soul Black"... Right? That, according to Proghound, means it should say NOG/YA on the sticker I can't find. But.... BUT.... I can contact the vendor/breaker and ask him for a load cover from a car car with NOG/YA on the sticker.
Is that a plan?

I have heard of the sticker being near the + battery terminal.

I'm intrigued by the black poly block. Any chance of pictures from several angles of the entire tool recess?

Andy

I can contact the vendor/breaker and ask him for a load cover from a car with NOG/YA on the sticker.
Is that a plan?

Yes, a xxx/YA (any code) on his sticker would confirm that his trim items are Soul black.
Failing that, get him to check that the item matches the colour of the dashboard (the upper section with the handrail) of that car, if so, it's Soul.
Failing that, if he has any A2 on site, get him to check that the item matches the colour of its dashboard: if so, it's Soul. If not then it must match the three stack components below the centre vents in its dashboard in order to be Soul.
If no joy on any of the above, get a refund.

Christ! Lots of replies... and so quick. You must all be self isolating and already at your wit's end.
Not really just retired and the weather too miserable to work outside and good for avoiding housework.

You have now learned that the forum is a real time manual that talks back.

Just thought, does your A2 have a Bose sound system?

Andy

Have been messaging a breaker on Ebay for 6 or so interior bits and accessories but the bozo's rubbish coms is driving me nuts.
He had confirmed all details of the order, so I paid him. Then he started finding probs.

My recently aquired bright silver A2...the Audi colour name I don't know but it's the classic Auidi "polished aluminium" looking colour... is short of it's pull-out load cover. My interior colour is presumably Soul... Black! He's saying the load covers he has from similar Silver A2's are "dark grey".

Can anyone offer clarification before I cancel this order for a full refund... for all of the bits including this cover? I'm trying to keep/return everything to original specification. I don't want to own a mongrel.
Should the cover be a "dark grey". My Soul interior is black, but the centres of the seat squabs and backrests ARE a slightly paler (and textured) colour.
Pilchard, I am looking for a grey pull out load cover. I currently have a black one! What sort of price is your guy quoting? Could maybe do an exchange?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I've just checked in my Aladdin's Cave of Audi A2 parts, and surely enough I have a nice Soul Black roller blind for the boot. I'm on the other side of the Lake District from you, near Lancaster. If you fancy a jaunt to mine to collect it, I'll happily glance at your A2 and run diagnostic checks, etc. People tell me that I know the A2 fairly well.

Cheers,

Tom

No Andy, just a bog standard one with a TAPE DECK!!! Not that I'd need one but, had Audi not heard of CD's in 2002?
I could actually do with some advice re replacing it (economically) with a DAB radio, maybe even one with an MP3 socket.

Pilchard, I am looking for a grey pull out load cover. I currently have a black one! What sort of price is your guy quoting? Could maybe do an exchange?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
If it transpires that I end up (very reluctantly now) doing business with this very unreliable individual... who's concept of customer service seems to be the customer defaulting to the vendor's needs... and if it works out I end up with the wrong cover, I'll get back to you.
The cover is one of 8 things I'm supposed to be getting from this guy and he did an all-in price inc. P&P, so I have no idea where he valued the cover.

I've just checked in my Aladdin's Cave of Audi A2 parts, and surely enough I have a nice Soul Black roller blind for the boot. I'm on the other side of the Lake District from you, near Lancaster. If you fancy a jaunt to mine to collect it, I'll happily glance at your A2 and run diagnostic checks, etc. People tell me that I know the A2 fairly well.

Cheers,

Tom
Tom, you are either a very nice guy... or an axe murderer.
I'm in a bit deep with Mr A Rashid of mydirectstore on Ebay at the moment, but if he don't come up with the goods PDQ I'll have to shake his Ebay tree quite agressively and get a full refund.
So yes... very nice of you. Message me.

I have a list of bits I need other than the cover, if you or anyone else can help out.
- tyre pump... one with the switch on top
- rear window handle
- alarm deactivation switch on driver's door pillar
- little rectangular cover next to ASR switch near gearstick
- FNS jacking point cover
- jack
- owner's manual
I'll have to put these requests up on the "Market" when I've sussed out how to use it.

Tom, you are either a very nice guy... or an axe murderer.
You were right the first time. Tom's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. And the complete A2 electrical & retrofitting guru.

I'm in a bit deep with Mr A Rashid of mydirectstore on Ebay
Looking at his current adverts, if he's pulling stuff off the '04 plate TDI90, that's definitely in Soul. So I think is the grey '52 plate TDI, but the blue FSI looks like it might be Platinum - the light grey, the seats certainly are. There's another dark-coloured one listed for a back axle, I can't tell what the interior is, or the year to rule out Swing.

Back