Concert and MP3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the Concert can handle MP3 music?

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Ian
I don't know, but if they don't something I've toyed with in the past is www.phatnoise.com

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

I suspect that it can not handle MP3.

An MP3 player needs to have a display that can read the ID tags on the disc.
If you put an MP3 recorded CD into a normal player it will assume that no disc has been inserted.

MP3 files are often seen as normal data files but with music on them,, therefore the player has to be designed to deal with this and the Concert does not have this ability.

An MP3 player needs to be able to read all of the info and then display it,, for example, I have a old SONY head unit in my A2. I have just brought an additional CD player which can handle MP3’s.

Now if I recorded a CD with say 3 directories and 20 tracks per directory my new CD player can play them but my old head unit can ONLY read directory one and the first 20 tracks and thus it will only play those first 20 tracks.

I chose to keep my old SONY unit because SONY do not make it's equal for less than £1200 now and although I can not take advantage of the 10 hours or so that a fully loaded MP3 CD can have on it I can still get 99 tracks of seriously long music on there and if I am really cleaver I can get my 10 hours out of a CD by just fading one track into the next as several continious mixes..

Hope this helps.. You can buy MP3 players that will link up through an FM modulator and play through your existing head unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back