Concert II 'skipping'

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

philhusbands

My Concert II seems to have developed a problem and I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience of this...

Quite simply CD playback has started to skip and jump. At first I thought it was a dodgy CD, but it occurs with all of my CD's. Even brand new ones.

Also, if anything I would say that the problem starts to disappear as the car interior warms up and, supposedly, the head unit warms up too.

Do I need to pop in one of those CD player lens cleaner doo-dahs? Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,

Phil. TDi Sport, silver, with Climate and OpenSky.

Nice to know it's not just me having this problem. Mine started doing this last week. I had the same idea of trying a CD cleaning disk. Up until now, the stereo has been perfect.

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

Anyone else? Fairbrother, thanks for your reply, did you try a cleaner disk? Any luck?

All of my music is starting to sound like hip-hop or something. Its horrible! ;)

Phil. TDi Sport, silver, with Climate and OpenSky.

For some strange reason, has now sorted itself out. The car is going into Audi next monday for an on-going 'opensky' problem. Had considered mentioning the stereo fault but knowing my luck, as it now seems ok they probably will not be able to detect a fault. Unless of course this is a common fault. Then again, due to little feedback from this topic, I guess we are the only ones Phil.

Phil,
Just to let you know that Audi Preston have agreed today to order me a replacement ConcertII on the warranty. Also said that to save me the trouble of getting to the dealership (12miles away) they will make a home visit for replacement. Did'nt think that was too bad. The service chap said he would keep his mouth shut about the copy CD he found in the player. He said that if the warranty chap knew, I would'nt have had the offer of a nice new one free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back