CONFUSED WITH ARB BUSHES AND SIZES :confused:

audi Atwo

Past Member
HI ALL GOT MY STUPID HAT ON BUT HERE GOES,

I HAVE AN A2 2004 1.6 PETROL

I WAS LOOKING TO REPLACE MY DROP LINKS AND RODS DUE TO THE CLUNKING NOISE I HAVE HAD TO LISTEN TO FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW. UPON REMOVING THE WHEEL I NOTICED THE ARB BUSHES WERE KNACKERED THE PLASTIC HAS CREPT OUT OF THE BUSHES AND I WAS NOW LOOKING TO REPLACE THIS AS WELL BUT I HAVE ONE SLIGHT CONFUSION DUE TO THE POSTS

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...r-(ARB)-DIY-Replacement&highlight=roll bushes
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?7438-Fix-your-Anti-roll-bar-for-%A35!&highlight=roll

AS THESE POSTS STATE TO USE THE POWER FLEX BUSHES FOR THE A2 AS THEY ARE THE SAME IN 02-05 POLO AND DO THE JOB WELL. PART NUMBER IS PFF85-603-16

HOWEVER AFTER LOOKING AT THIS IT SAYS ON THE POWER FLEX AND OTHER WEBSITES THAT THE DIAMETER IS 16 MM BUT I MEASURED THE ROLL BAR I HAVE WHICH MEASURED TO 60MM (6 CM) AND THE PLASTIC INSIDE THAT HAS SLIPPED OUT WAS 90MM (9CM) SO A BIT CONFUSED AS TO HOW THEY ACTUALLY MANAGED TO FIT THIS EVEN WITHOUT THE PLASTIC ALSO QUESTIONING AS TO THE OUTER DIAMETER AS I AM GUESSING THAT IF THE SMALLER DIAMETER IS INSIDE THEN THE WHOLE BUSH WOULD BE SMALLER? OR IS IT THE SAME SIZE ON THE OUTSIDE AS THE OLD BUSHES?

ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANKS

JOHN

Hello,

no need to SHOUT!

The bar is either 16 or 19mm, there are no other alternatives. Use the Polo 6Q bushes, they're rubber and will be better for the ride than powerflex ones. 6Q0 411 314L is the part number.

If I remember correctly, the powerflex bushes didn't fit correctly?

- Bret

Thanks Bret
I needed to use capitals as I was using my tiny phone screen to post thread and could not see the writing very clearly for spelling mistakes but thanks for the info. I did figure this out about 5 minutes ago with the aid of a hose clip mine is the old 16 mm I did buy the bushes from my local direct auto parts dealer for about 12 pounds for the two just need the rest of the parts and I will good to go.

Thanks again Bret

John

Back