Connects2 CTAADBT003 Audi A2 question

Nigel245

A2OC Donor
Anyone fitted the Bluetooth Connects 2 radio adaptor? Fitted mine a few days ago and the Bluetooth is streaming very well from my iPhone but the 3.5mm Aux lead input from a early iPod doesnt play anything? I assume if it's connected it would pick it up or is there something you have to do to switch between Bluetooth and Aux in? The instructions with the connects 2 were a bit vague:confused:

Hi as a long shot have you tried increasing the volume on the iPod ? often the volume output is low over 3.5mm.
hope that helps mike
Hi Mike, Yes, just tried this but no difference but thanks it was worth a go but I have got a 32gb iPod touch to replace my 160gb iPod and loaded my entire music on it and this has bluetooth on it so a way around it:)

Last edited:
I installed one of these at the weekend and now the radio doesn't turn on/off with the ignition, I may have to read the instructions, as brief as they are ...
Yes that's puzzling? Instructions are not helpful at all. Bluetooth does work very well on this set up. Someone else on here may have the answer. Double check plugs are in tight at the back?

For the on off function - did you plug the original plug (maybe red?) into the ‘extra’ socket on the connects2 loom? I never noticed that these two mated and it controlled the on off function.

For the iPod I would definitely get a ‘line out’ 30pin adaptor as you will get better quality and the battery will last longer. With a 3.5mm I found the sound a bit noisy but with a line out (a y cable which also can charge as well) the sound is much better. Don’t have it plugged in while driving as I seem to pick up alternator induction though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the on off function - did you plug the original plug (maybe red?) into the ‘extra’ socket on the connects2 loom? I never noticed that these two mated and it controlled the on off function.

Yes, I did, but there is a possibility it fell of when the unit went back into the dash. That was one of the things I considered so I will have a check.

Back