Coolant

kezbed

Hi all, only recently purchased my audi A2 but just noticed that my coolant level is below the recommended minimum mark. Is it common for the car to lose coolant, is it a fault that the car has not warned me? If this is quite common what is the recommended coolant to use? Also my clutch feels quite stiff and I tend to feel it slightly click as I depress it. Also is this quite common? I have a 1.6 FSI sport on a 54reg. Thank You!

I had coolant loss and kept topping it up. This went on for several months level got fed up with this so went and had it checked out. turned out to be weeping water pump seal so hd the pump replaced but it was done under a warranty I had. Not sure about the clutch problem but i am sure some one on the forum will.
you will get a level warning eventually as it has to be well below the min before it comes on. My advice is to get the pump checked out as it is a common problem. any VW garage can do the work doesnt have to be Audi dealership unless of course you have a warranty

Hi kezbed
From new, the coolant level on my TDi seems to hover around the minimum mark but never drops any further. I do occasionally top it up with genuine Audi coolant additive (don't use anything else) mixed 50 / 50 with water - distilled is best.
If regular checks show your coolant level does not drop more than a few mm below the min mark then I don't think you have a problem but as you still have warranty on the car it would be safest to report your concerns to the dealer. Same applies to the clutch action. It may be trivial now but I recall members having clutch problems which developed into a failure of the dual mass flywheel.

Cheers Spike

Back