cost of maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

whuy

Had my first VSI maintenance (50000 km / 32000 mi), which is
just an oil and filter change (well and a number of checks)
cost : 350 EUR (234 GBP)
Would that be about right? They charged 120 EUR (80 GBP) for
2 hours work for the mechanic.. they say it's a 'standard' price,
and I even got 10% off (I guess everybody does)
The good news is I finally found some 506.01 oil (BP), 50 EUR (33 GBP) for 4 litres, the garage charges 20 EUR per litre.

Werner Huysegoms

Hi Werner is very very expensive in Portugal is about 100 euros and they would charge only 30 m work for the mechanic (15 euros + vat).
a2 1.4 tdi

TCasaca

Seems about the same as UK Audi prices but I think London is around £80/hr and Nottingham £65.....

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

My first 30,000 mile service cost me £370.00 (approx 550 Euros). This did include a new set of front brake pads. Whuy - did your pads needed doing ? Rip off Britain - I am off to Portugal . No seriously I am considering getting my car serviced in France/Belgium as part of a day trip/booze cruise. Anybody had any experience of this ?

Bartman

A2 1.4 TDI SE, Amulet Red, Sport Pack, Sky Roof, Sport Seats, BOSE, DIS, Special Rusty Brake Drums.

Bartman: no they didn't do anything extra, just the oil and filters.
tcasaca: are you sure we're talking about the first VSI maintenance here (50000 km) and not a regular 15000 km one (which is just an oil change, would take half an hour and cost 100 EUR for the oil and (say) 40 for the mechanic.)

Now they want me to come in at 90000 for the ? cam belt change. I know I should, but the next VSI maintenance (if all goes well) will be at 100000km, and I'm fairly convinced the belt will hold..

Werner Huysegoms

Thats one of the reasons that I wont go to the audi dealler anymore as soon as the car is out of warranty they ripp you off.

Jeff Huisman
2000 silver coloured A2 with some options :)

Whuy i´m pretty sure i´ve email to the audi dealer but it´s only a oil change and if there more such as brakes there an aditional costs...;P

TCasaca

but the VSI maintenance always includes change of filters?!
Moreover, my estimate for a small (fixed interval) maintenance was wrong, I had counted the 506.01 oil (20 EUR/l)
where the 505.01 oil costs 13,50 EUR (at the dealer's). That would then add up to 4,5 * 13,5 for the oil and 40 for the
mechanic's half hour - 100 EUR in all..

Werner Huysegoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back