Cracking Noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmundsT

:(
Has anyone experienced unpleasant (and loud) cracking noises from the front door check strap - opening and closing?
I am assuming the detent is broken

Hi

I experienced this with my previous A2 at about 35k miles as I recall. I initially assumed it just needed lubricating but when this failed to cure the problem I enlisted the help of my local dealer who promptly ordered and fitted a replacement checkstrap under warranty.

Regards

Ian - 2004 tdi 90 SE; prev 2001 1.4 petrol SE

The part arrived at the dealer within a day or two and was fitted while I waited.

Mine started doing that too, but at 22k. Told the dealer at service time, when it came back noticed loads of the lube on the hinge but started to crack shortly after. Must get that sorted.

Fi

2002 TDi Sport

Yep it has happened to mine - but sometimes disappears? I've learnt to live with it but if it affects others I'll mention it the next time the cars goes for service - which is about 14 months away!

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

Intersting, my dealer( Audi in Aylesford Kent), fitted me in without an appointment,
checkstrap replaced in 60 mins - problem solved. Now that's what I call good service!

Tony

anybody having problems renewing their extended warranty. I bought my A2 with an extended warranty but this has now expired and I have been told I cannot renew yet due to regalation issues lets hope its sorted soon or perhaps its not worth getting an extended warranty any ideas

Take out an independant warranty, I always do, it's about half the main dealer price and is with the same company. It's all insurance based anyway. Regulation issues???? bull****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back