Cruise control retrofit on 1.4 AUA.

Hello all. I finally got the time to put my cruise control and need help.
I have an 1.4 aua late 2002.
Im at the point were i need to connect my cables to the ecu.
So here i need some help. on the ecu i need to youse pins 38 57 75 76 but there all already wires installed on those pins.
So i make some research and i think the wires from those pins go to some T17b connector (withe) for aua engine. But i cant find were is that connector located.
So i need advice what to do from now ?

Is this the t17b connector ?
6e072cb8ee70684ccf6d5e4be4154c95_610x0.jpghttp://pics.data.bg/albums/40142/audi-a2-tempomat-/6e072cb8ee70684ccf6d5e4be4154c95/daaf53kj5f3jkl4fkljselk

Hello all. I finally got the time to put my cruise control and need help.
I have an 1.4 aua late 2002.
Im at the point were i need to connect my cables to the ecu.
So here i need some help. on the ecu i need to youse pins 38 57 75 76 but there all already wires installed on those pins.
So i make some research and i think the wires from those pins go to some T17b connector (withe) for aua engine. But i cant find were is that connector located.
So i need advice what to do from now ?

Hi,

the cruise control pins are wired a short way to the white connector near by. It seems that the ECU harness always has the cruise pins connected but only to the near connector. This positions are unused on the other side of this connector if the car didn't have cruise fitted in the factory.

As the ECU connector already had factory fitted and therefore assumed good connections for these pins, I joined the new loom from the stalk to these wires when I fitted the cruise control on my car. The loom that came with the cruise stalk didn't have the right kind of connector terminals for the unused side of the white connector so I removed the factory fitted wires from the connector and soldered the two sets of wires directly to each other.

You can see the joined wires in this picture and the white connector to the left of the black relay:

DSC04095.jpg

And everything put back neatly:

DSC04096.jpg

I have noticed disagreement with the connectors between my car and published schematics. The connector arrangements by the ECU and also in the A pillars don't agree. The pin positions are sometimes different and indeed are the connector colours and number of positions. What does seem to match is the wiring colours and cable sizes.

The wiring on my AUA, 2001 but should be the same for 2002 is coloured as follows:

Pin 75 : Blue / Black
Pin 57 : Blue / Red
Pin 38 : White
Pin 76 : Black / Red

I checked the assignment between the ECU pins on the connector and the wiring colours just to make sure. I would suggest that you do the same just to make sure. You should be able to identify the Cruise wires by their colours and that they go to a connector on one side and no further.

As cruise control is a safety critical system, I would also suggest you verify the operation of the clutch and brake pedal ECU switches and that all wiring is secure and double checked before you go on the road.

regards

Andrew

Hi an 10x for the help. I will check wires between the withe connector and the ecu to be 100% sure that i connecting to the right pins.
So at the end the wires that i spotted on the ecu plug are going to the bottom side off that withe plug?

The Cruise Control wires go from the ECU to the White connector. The simplest place to pick up the wires is the white plug. As suggested remove the connector from the ECU and check with a mutli metre that you have the correct connections on the white plug to the pin number on the ECU connector. The pin numbers are marked on the ECU itself

A statement of the obvious to help differentiate it from other white connectors - the nomenclature for all connector includes the pin quantity - so t17b has 17 pins and the first and last pin numbers for each row (and sometimes all) are usually marked, though you may need a magnifying glass to see them

Well it wasn't obvious to me until someone pointed it out

Cheers Spike

10x all for the help. the cruise control is installed and fully working.
I connect the wires in the white plug and its working :)

What did you use to turn on the Cruise Control in the ECU ?
I am assuming VAGCOM, if so is the full version or the shareware version ? I am trying to figure out if the shareware version will perform the necessary 'adaption' update

Cheers,

Back