Cubby hole...

Brabazon

Any tips what to do with the cubby hole under the aircon that will stop things shooting out of it under acceleration? Is there anything you can get to replace it with, even? It's next to useless and I never carry anything in it.

Cheers,

Jon

It comes in useful for holding iPods and the like and several owners I've met have put a layer of that grippy, rubber woven matting in there to stop things sliding out too easily.

It is a bit of dicky design, but it can be useful - I used it as a chocolate shelf on long journeys in Little Tank!

Cheers,

Mike

an after market company makes a CD holder that go in there instead of the cubby hole but they are hard to come by---and i reckon it would be a bit of a pain to use,plus they always seem to rattle in my experience. like mike says ideal for tucking ipods iphone out of the way.

I tried mobile, cd's etc, but everything just flies out! Maybe try that rubber grip sheet stuff...

Jon

You could try lighter right foot lol

Phil

:)

I blame the hill start at the busy junction near my house... ;)

A cubby hole like that is a bit sad, really - as it just says to me there's an optional extra that's supposed to go there that I don't have.. :(

I presume it's where the aircon should be if you have the satnav/radio option?

:)

I blame the hill start at the busy junction near my house... ;)

A cubby hole like that is a bit sad, really - as it just says to me there's an optional extra that's supposed to go there that I don't have.. :(

I presume it's where the aircon should be if you have the satnav/radio option?

i agree with you. the cubby hole is for options we dont own... As you presumed if you have the satnav option the cubby hole would be replaced by the aircon unit.

look at the positive side, you can always upgrade no? :rolleyes:

i agree with you. the cubby hole is for options we dont own... As you presumed if you have the satnav option the cubby hole would be replaced by the aircon unit.
look at the positive side, you can always upgrade no? :rolleyes:

You can always upgrade, but the double DIN space for the RNS-D or E means a completely new dashboard as the aircon units are different. £600 or so + a load of hard graft! :eek:

Well, my cubby-hole is filled :p

watermark.php

PS.
@a2sumo: no rattle in this one

Small but suits me fine. My becker nav-cd is in it and a few mp3-cd's which give me enough listening pleasure.

Last edited:
I put a bit of that grippy rubber stuff in and it seems to have worked - I can actually use it for carrying stuff at last!

Jon

Back