Customer Service? What Customer Service !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal2002

Picked my car up fromt he garage yesterday after I had booked it in to get some faults looked at.
1. Squeaking drivers seat
2. Squeaking coming from back of car
3. Heated rear screen not always working

For point 3 I was told it had been checked and it was working ok (even though it didn't work again this morning)

For point 1+2 I was told it was the leather seats, so I went for a drive with an audi technician who then heard the squeak and said it wasn't the leather seats but that he'd look at it in more detail back at the garage, a few hours later an audi rep told me that they couldn't find the fault and that I would have to leave it a few months to let it get worse, lets just say I wasn't happy with this comment as the squeaking has been going on for well over a month already.

I was then told that my car would be brought round the front for me, so I waited and waited outside for 15 mins before i eventually gave up and went in to complain. Eventually left the garage to travel home in rush hour traffic in glasgow city centre only to relise halfway home that they still had my locking wheelnut key, so it was a u turn and back to the garage, and to top it all off the car came back dirtier inside and out than when i dropped it off.

I would definatly tell people not to buy from Lomond audi, anybody here use them. A letter is on its way to audi uk to inform them of all the problems ive had from the garage from day 1.

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

Ah so you have squeeking seats to. My A2 is in today for a second attempt at fixing as they didn't do it first time, and now today they can't find the creaking noise!. I'm a big chap and the seat only does it with me in it. Why can't they just grease every joint they can find and we will see if it fixes it. I have a horrible thought I will get the same answer "we couldn't get it to do it so we can't fix it".
Do these dealers think we enjoy going out of our way, taking transport etc, re-arranging days just because of a made up problem?. I've spent enough time in my Audi dealer to want to stay away for ever. At least they have now started to clean and hoover my A2-the first visits it wasn't touched!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

a tiny bit of grease is classed as too expensive and time consuming, im sure if you offered to pay they would be more than happy

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

I suppose some of you have seen one of my books “Windows For Dummies” and you might be interested to know that my latest effort “Customer Care For Dummies” will be on sale for Christmas.

I live in Glasgow and went to Lomond Audi and Ingram Audi in Paisley to look at buying an A2. Eventually got it at Ingram (due to being offered a decent, non accompanied test drive, and regretted not going to Lomond. As I gain more experience I don't think it would have mattered where I bought the car. It was sh*t, I bought it, tough.

I noticed that Lomond Audi had a lot of used A2's on their books.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Steve & Mal2002

As you are aware I now own a Golf but these too have suffered from seats that crack and squeek.
When I took my car into the Stealer for them to look at this they immediately said that a new seat frame was required and they had seen many VW / Audi with the same fault.
Had it replaced and everything is fine now...

Apprantly there is a bar that goes through the frame under the seat that supports the weight. VAG group decided only to lubricate the ends of the bar but because the weight is planted in the middle of the seat , most of the touching and support is in the centre of the bar.
Cure:
New bar that is fully lubricated.....

Roy

I have had the same problems too!

I wonder if our cars were all built about the same time?

The drivers chair squeked - most noticably when you bring the clutch up, and there are rattlkes in the back - I think its the rear seats.

I have already posted about what happened when I tokk my car in to be fixed - (under my A2 has been kidnaped)

None of the noises have gone - and its beginning to become very annoying now - my T reg ford fiesta with 30,000 didn't have this many noises!!!

2003 A2 1.4 SE in Cobalt blue, black interior, Climate Control, Winter Pack

It’s all down to those Hungarians. Apparently the German translation got a bit confused when Audi stated to the factory workers that they would receive a bonus per week – but the workers thought it was a bonus per squeak ?

Very good John, 10/10.

I reckon the Hungarian Audi workers will be on strike soon, as far as they are concerned they are owed a fortune on my car alone. Thank heavens for the volume control on the Bose sound system.

Harvey.

TDI SE AMULET RED, OPEN SKY,1/2 LEATHER, BOSE

We should start a dealers from hell list, be interesting to see who comes out worst and best:)

News Flash: The A2 is NOT built in Hungary. It's built at the Neckarsulm factory in Germany. Now leave us alone, or I'll cry.

I test drove an A4 at the Lomond dealership a few years ago. They seemed like a glorified Vauxhall dealership to me.

quote:Now leave us alone, or I'll cry

Karcsi,

Sounds like a bit of a split personality. Have you seen anyone about that. :D

Kaine

A2 1.4Tdi SE | black | red leather | Concert | Open Sky | A2OC Stickers x2

Picked up my A2 today after a call to say the dealer couldn't find anything wrong with my A2 and the three creaks/sqeeks/rattling that I was complaining about. So when I picked it up I was pleased that the drivers seat was quiet after a strip down and grease. The rear seats do still squeek a little but I will have to live with that.
The one that annoys me, and was still apparent after about 10 mins of leaving the dealer is the banging/rattling coming from the boot area. It is there!. I'm not going mad.

One of the things-the number plate holder is not very rigid and I wonder if it's that?. But most likely is that if you try and lift the hatch and then let go (when it's still locked) you get the identical sound I can hear in the car. So I think it's the hatch vibrating because it is not securely shut.

I give up-so what now, another trip back?. I've lost it now!. Why didn't the dealer think to check this?. Geeze.

Steve,

As you can now better appreciate the world evolves around the digit 10. This is why you had the terrific luck of driving for 10 minutes without any rattle from the boot. Don’t worry though, because statistically on your 10th visit the dealer will spend 10 minutes looking carefully into the problem, which will then take 10 seconds to rectify. Anyway do telephone your dealer at 10am tomorrow to explain your concern that they are 10 pence short of a shilling.

Regards
John Disdale

I'm waiting for the 10th Tesco to open in the Norwich area....then I'll celebrate. I think the figure 10 also appeared in the trade-in value I was quoted recently.

I'll offer you £20. Thier £10 and a bonus £10. Oh wait, I don't want black interior. Nevermind...

Steve.
Just a thought. Are you sure the banging isn't coming from the rear seats?
I too had this problem and I used two laminate floor wedges (Wickes DIY) which stopped the problem...

Gav-you drive a hard bargain!.

Roy-I don't think it's the seats, but I'll give it a look. I've had both rear seats occupied and the banging is still there...maybe it a trapped technician...

the technician was probably having a quick nap while supposidly fixing the car:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back