Damaged metallic paint

Hayesbee

Bird ****. Don't you just love it? I've always soaked it and soaked it before just wiping it away. This time, I got impatient. I took a green scourer to it. The type you get on the back of a washing up sponge. I got the bird **** off but now I've got three tiny 'dull' patches on my dolphin grey A2. They're small, but noticable. And if you look closely, you can see thousands of tiny striations (not scratches, really). It's really annoying me. I wonder if you have any advice on polishes or waxes. Or should I get a pro to look at it. If so, do you know one? I live near West London Audi. Cheers.

You have most likely damaged the Lacquer on the car, you might find that a good polish and then wax might help, if not you might need to use somethigna bit more abrasive for the polishing - For me I'd enlist expert help, as I can make a car look nice with water and wax, but thats about it.

If you have not removed any laquer just scratched it, i would recomend trying meguiars scratch x.

This can be purchased from halfords for around £6.99 and is not as abrasive as T-CUT which is nasty stuff that causes holograming/marring due to its highly abrasive nature. (dont use it)

Use the scratch x on a tiny spot at a time and rub in until the polish has been broken down properly, then remove with a clean microfibre.

Cheers,
Paul.

Back