dash board disassembly

guyboy

i have a small problem with my display in that the backing of the info window seems to be flaking off making it look like a big tear drop next to the temperature reading. i was wondering wether it is a diy repair job or an audi wizzkids repair.anyone have any experience of this....did you all have a good day in sunny coventry.hope all went well.pity i couldnt make it.

It's not a job for the faint hearted - but doesn't require the disassembly of the full dash, just the removal of the instrument pod, which is 2 T25 screws under the shade cover, then 3 more T25 screws, one at the rear of the pod and the other two behind the leatherette steering column cover.

Once you are into the instruments themselves, you will need to tread very carefully and as it's very easy to damage them, so rendering the car useless (the instruments contain the immobiliser) I will not explain how to get them apart so that you can access the insides. If you want to have a go, that's up to you, but I strongly urge you to consider a professional repair, especially if under any sort of warranty.

Cheers,

Mike

thanx for the info mike.perhaps not worth the agro,dont wont to disable the car,ill let the pro`s do it next visit.

Back