dashing dashboards

pc759

A2OC Donor
like a lot of memebers am i wanting to burn a larger hole in my pocket by having a go at RNS E ( or cocking it up and then asking skipton to do it for me!!)
main prob is single din dash and i dont want to change cars although there was a nice grey 90tdi 54 reg on audi uk last week...

So, on a scale of 1 to 5 how hard is it to fit a double din dash? I know people have done it but theres not that much info about how to do it or am i looking in the wrong places?
Choices are new or secondhand DD dash (rare as rocking horse droppings?) and then having a go using the electronic manuals or paying a body shop to swap them over what do you think?
Paulc

It's a big job - don't be fooled into thinking anything else!

You need to remove the steering wheel and airbag, the clocks, the lower dash panel, the glovebox, the passenger airbag, the entire centre console and climate panel, radio, temperature sensors etc, etc.

Then, you can remove the single din dash.

Then somes the fun part - trying to get the new dash in place without marking it or any other part of the interior.

If you wanted to get the dash new, then I'd fit it for you, but we're looking at a 5 hour job and I've already done it!

Cheers,

Mike

Back