dead climate control display

About a week ago my climate control panel went blank...no display or functions at all...after a few minutes it came back on again. Today it has gone off again and wont come back on this time. Could this just be a fuse, if so which one is it? Or am I looking at something more expensive....no open sky and now no climate....not happy..:(

curiouser and curioser

today , after leaving it for 2 days the battery was flat ! Maybe this is why the climate wasn't working, not getting enough current? Possibly a short-circuit somewhere? If the alternator is faulty I would have got a warning light surely? Help you guys...what is going on with this do you think?
Much obliged for any suggestions....got the battery charging indoors at the moment....:eek:

how to remove cubby hole cd holder thing?

Trying to remove the climate-control panel...I have got the radio out but cannot see how to remove the cubby hole shelf thing...how does that come out please? Also central-locking has stopped working now.....

control panel hot

Ok, got it all out now thanks. The connections to the climate-control panel all seem fine, but the control panel was hot on its underside. Looks like I will need a replacement, or can it be repaired/soldered? Anyone have a working climate-control panel for sale, or know where I can find one for reasonable cost? Many thanks y'all.

Last edited:
replacement climate, does it really need coding?

Ok chaps, I have located a second hand climate-control unit from a breaker on Ebay. In the meantime my Audi dealer tells me it will need coding and basic setup adjustments?? Now I read on here that it wont need coding ...and I dont see how you can as it doesnt have any numerical buttons like a radio. Can anyone say for sure if it will need coding or not? Is it a VAG thing?
Cheers for any help.

Although Audi mention the possibility if options like a heated front screen or solar sunroof etc were ever introduced, the climate control panel does not appear to need coding. For any module which does - like the instrument panel or central convenience unit etc, you need to use VagCom or similar diagnostic tools.

Cheers Spike

Well I got the unit today...great service from a guy on Ebay...special delivery...I will post his details if he agrees, and it did not need any coding (seems Audi, who still haven't got back to me with a quote as promised) were touting for business. The unit cost me £50 including delivery...so, for a change...I'm happy !!! :):):)

£559.35

Finally got a quote from audi for a new climate box....£559.35...
pretty reasonable for a couple of circuit-boards !!! Glad I got one for £50 inc del now....and they wanted to charge for fitting, coding and basic set-up on top of that.
Audi Eastbourne are really nice people but I feel sorry for them having to ask such inflated prices for Audi parts and labour.

Back