Delphi OBD not connecting to car?

Joca14

My OBD Delphi does not connect to the car,a 1.6 FSI
Anyone else had thie issue and found a solution?
Thanks

Apart from using an old PC laptop and getting VCDS lite, there are a few of us who have the Xtools VAG401 ODB reader and have found it to be useful with an A2 (and other contemporary Audis). It doesn't connect to the Climatronic ECU, but is otherwise reasonably capable, especially considering the price. Other readers tend to be very generic or don't work well at all.

Thanks for your reply. I have connected with a generic free App and a bluetooth adapter but am confused as to why the Delphi is not even connecting.

Thanks for your reply. I have connected with a generic free App and a bluetooth adapter but am confused as to why the Delphi is not even connecting.
I am the opposite of an expert, but I remember VCDS new users occasionally have had to fiddle around with baud rate to get it to work. Maybe your Delphi has this facility.

Andy

I can't say I've ever seen anything like that. Tried several connection options but no result.

Sent from my M2007J22G using Tapatalk

Well now you see why generics are not recommended as scanners on the A2. Either get the hand held VAG401 or the laptop based VCDS.

My OBD Delphi does not connect to the car,a 1.6 FSI
Anyone else had thie issue and found a solution?
Thanks
When I followed instructions with OBD (connect with ignition off then turn ignition on) the OBD told me it had failed to connect. Turned ignition off with it still connected and they talked to each other and fault code identified....

When I followed instructions with OBD (connect with ignition off then turn ignition on) the OBD told me it had failed to connect. Turned ignition off with it still connected and they talked to each other and fault code identified....
Not sure that code, extracted with engine off is valid. Some controllers, such as the ECU, will note be fully powered.
Never know I suppose ...
Mac.

I am going to give it another go in the near future. Will report back.
A bit reluctant to buy another tool for the very limited use they get...
Thanks for the feedback from all

I am going to give it another go in the near future. Will report back.
A bit reluctant to buy another tool for the very limited use they get...
Thanks for the feedback from all
None are cheaper than the free vcds, and a KKL lead at under a tenner.
Mac.

Back