6 to 9 months.My London dealer said they have up
to 10 at any one time
Also I noticed that AFN Porsche use them as courtesy cars also
Anyway as the new price is quite high just interested to know
if most purchased are demos.
Am not sure if also they discount the new price heavily.Discount
is not normally a word Audi use a great deal

Antony

I bought an ex demo TDi SE- 4 months old less than 4,000 miles saved over £2,000.
The dealer had loads of 1.6 FSi models.
All the salesman at the local dealership were given an FSi and they had to sell them before they were allowed their A4s and A6s back!!

I also bought a 4.5 month old demo as it only had 1,000 mile on the clock, and was £4,000 cheaper than new. It is also fairly unique in that it has the bodykit, which I wasn't even aware of, which is the reason I bought it.

If you buy a brand new car as soon as you pull it off the forecourt it is classed as 'used' and instantly loses a couple of thousand pounds for the pleasure. Audi told me that it is far easier for them to sell A2's a few months old at a reduced price than brand new, as everyone is of the general opinion that A2's are a bit on the expensive side. For example, I won't have bought mine at full price!!

Silver TDI Sport | 17 inch TT alloys | Audi bodykit | CD | Climate control | Custom Badges
visit: http://www.mediacitizen.com/audi

i too bought a demo model.
car had 8000 miles on the clock and saved due to all the extras on it about £5-£6000 pounds
not bad for 2.5 hours worth of haggling for the car i wanted.
very unusual for me to save money when buying a car

cheers

A.D.Simmons

Ours was an 8 month old 1.4 TDi SE demo with 7300 miles on the clock.
We managed to save £5100 on the new price (including extras)- but we didn't have anything to part exchange.

tikki

A2 1.4TDI SE - 108 BHP - Pine Green Pearlescent | Climate | Front Centre Armrest
A4 1.9TDI SE - 137 BHP - Black with Cream Leather

My first A2 was a 6 month old demo with 7,000 miles on the clock.It was registered in March 2001 when the A2 was relatively new to the market. It was all sign written with A2 advertising so it really stood out. I'll post some photographs of it via Stuart in the Owners Club site.

I saved about £4,000 on it, remember that's when list price was over £16,000. I didn't have a part exchange either. It had metallic paint, winter pack and Tracker. Although when I went to register the Tracker it turned out it didn't have Tracker so they fitted it afterwards.

I part exchanged it last November after having it 14 months, for the Sport. The salesman had a friend who wanted a A2 for his father so I got a good deal plus climate and metallic was on offer at £250 as oppsed to over £1,000.

I know Franklin usually have over a dozen A2's at any one time that they register and then run as courtesy/demo cars.

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back