Dents & Scuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

waih98

Hiya

A careless shop has placed a small but visible dint on my passenger side door - taking off If that wasn't bad enough in the same parking lot another motorist has managed to scuff my rear bumber - again taking a layer of paint off exposing the black plastic underneath.

Is there a good and cheap way of fixing this? I live in West London and my advice to all you guys is to avoid the Outlet in Greenford!!

1.4 Crystal Blue Specced to SE Std Climate Control & Parking Sensors

I've used Dent Devil before - there are many other similar franchises. They took a dent out of one of my old cars above the wheelarch and a dent out of a colleagues door caused by a wandering wheely bin! In both cases you couldn't see where the dent was - on my car it was quite tricky as the dent flattened what should have been a crease.

Cost was £35 - but he did do both cars at the same time and it was a few years ago.

I live in NW London and have used Chipsaway in the past to remove scratches and small dents. They are good at what they do but can still be a little expensive sometimes. It's worth getting a no obligation quote from them.

Have a look at: http://www.chipsawaywestlondon.co.uk

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

New A2OC Website!

Hey stuart, I had a little dent because someone bumped in to my driver door. I took it to Finchley Road audi (which is now part of HR Owen) and they sent me to Exan coach works in Islington (HR Owen's workshop) apart from the fact that they are completely useless in terms of helping me with the insurance companies, they couldn't repair it (because A2 is aluminum, they said) and had to order a new door!! Lucky I wasn't paying that 2k worth of fix (new door plus new paint on the driver side).

Should have tried to get Chipsaway ...

humps
1.4SE Cobalt Blue, Bose and leather

You need VAG approved bodywork garage.
Phone your local Audi dealer and they will direct you to the nearest one. From my experience the one in St Albans was far cheaper then one in Little Chalfont.

The Audi dealer in Leeds doesn't have it's own bodyshop. It's approved bodywork repairer is the local Skoda dealer. Top class workmanship, colour-match and service.

Shaf

1. Mar 2001 TDi 75 SE, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, winter pack.
2. Nov 2002 TDi 75 Sport, Silver,black/grey interior,climate.
3. Jun 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, wrong interior (black/black), climate, front fogs.
4. Sep 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, leather/alcantara, front fogs. HID Xenon's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back