Diagnostic Code interpretation - HELP!

Krister

Desperate to get my wheels rolling again I opted for an aftermarket OBD thingy from obd-diag.de available at a local store.
Managed to get VCDS-lite working after hours of fiddling with the setup.

I had purchased a "VAG" version with only K/L and KK/L protocols but it would only read the ABS and instrument cluster for some reason.

Had it replaced with an "11-protocol" version which also came with some better software. Unfortunately I can't get VCDS-lite to work with it at all, recognizes the port but refuses to see the interface. Hypertension is building...

Anyway, managed to pull some codes from moDiag as follows:
171 - Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Sign.2 Range/Performance
170 - No data located
443 - EGR Valve Position Sensor Signal too low
135 - O2 Sensor Heating Circ.,Bank1+2-Sensor2 Electrical Malfunction
141 - Load Calculation Cross Check Range/Performance

Looking at an OBD reference I am assuming the codes should read P1xxx.
Unfortunately I have no clue as to where the problem is. Car runs fine but the EPC comes on all of a sudden together with the ABS light and ESP (I think).
Any suggestions? Would like to get VAG-COM running so any tips would be welcome there too...

... try adding "P0" to the front of the codes. Google delivers some results, just not necessarily A2 ones.

O2 heater and EGR valve seem to be a problem. Are you 100% sure there's not a chewed-through cable somewhere?

You might want to read SSP 247 if you can find it. (there's a link elsewhere). Also you might well want to ask on teh German forum with the error codes, there are very, very good mechanics on there and it's Sunday, so they'll probably be online.

Bret

Hmm, I'll have a look. Regarding the O2 heater, I am presuming that's the Lambda probe of which I have replaced one. The one thing I don't get is that if there's a problem with the heater I should get a fault when the engine is cold, or immediately anyway, but it all happens after a while. Odd thing.

The EGR is something I've suspected now for a few days, I'll probably take it apart and clean it out for starters.

thanks for the feedback!

No mass flow sensor in a petrol? That's new.. Got one in my chevy (petrol) had one in my Volvo (petrol)...

Back