did you know?... push it twice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all probably know this, I found that if you push the service display stalk twice when your A2 is running it will go through a diagnostic type thing with large graphics on the display.

;)

that's it.

Az

I did know that! Did you also know that if any of the items on the diagnosis are detected ie your oil level runs low; the warning bleeps it gives off are virtually louder than the car's horn?

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

yip I swear the petrol indicator beep nearly gives me a heart attack everytime ! Although I am not sure to what great level there is a diagnostic - I actually think it is more a dagnostic of the LCD screen than the actual car - so don't think you are actually testing anything.

I think I am right in saying that there is not an automatic oil indicator unless you have DIS ?

David

David – You are getting confused with the water washer bottle low level warning, which is only available if you have DIS. The message “You Have No Oil – Have A Nice Day” is available on all models as standard, providing that the sump sensor is not faulty.

Did you see that 1066 - The Battle of Hastings

Regards
John Disdale

Yes,

But only if the speed is below a certain treshold. If the speed is above (i think 20 Km/h) then you activate the speedwarning. Indicated by a yellow speed sign in DIS with a little 1 besides it.
Everytime the set speed is exceeded you hear a loud beep.
Press and holding the button again will clear the warning.

You can also set a more permanent speedwarning (can't be erased while driving) but you have to stop for that and use the buttons from DIS.

I learned this the hard way, driving home to read the manual and hearing a beep evertime I reached 70 Km/h....

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Was Tesco's around then-bet they made a killing on bottle beer...

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back