Diesel additives, cleaners.

clubsport

A2OC Donor
I wondered if anyone has any experience of using a diesel fuel additive.

There are quite a few of these on the market, no doubt some may effectively be snake oil?

They claim to restore injector spray patterns, clean combustion area and EGR valve.

My '05 tdi has 33k miles on it now, having had 3 oil changes (no longer on longlife).

Does anyone have any idea how many miles it takes for these deposits to build up enough to cause inefficiency and would you recommend any specific brands?

Thanks.

I sometimes (when I remember!) to use Millers additive when filling up and it does appear to help with slightly smoother running etc. However if you stick to using quality brand fuel (ie Shell/BP etc, not supermarket jungle juice) AND a good quality oil you are unlikely to have problems. One of the best ways of keeping an engine clean is to give it a good workout at least once a month, ie a good fast drive ensuring the engine is put through its paces and this will keep the build of 'crap' at bay.

Cheers....No problems with clearing the deposits out, how can you not give a 1.4 tdi any beans if you wantto keep up with traffic?

I think I may try millers for a while...

Initially there was nothing, but I did find a thread through the search function with other previous contributions...Tks.

Back