Different Types Of Fuel

H17RYH

Hi Guys

I still await to take delivery of my A2 from Tonbridge Audi, waiting for my private plate to be transfered!!

But i been reading about fuel and MPG i drive a Ford Focus at the moment 1.8 TDCi to fill it up im paying about £50.00 but i get about 410 miles if im lucky, for some reason its dropped when i first got it, i could clear 600 miles easy!!!

But im looking forward to my A2 SE 1.4 TDi, after reading some of the reports i hopefully will get a good MPG out of mine

But is there anybody here who uses the fuels that are extra at pumps, for example BP / Ultimate - Esso / Extra i think u guys who what i mean, so what is the deal with these fuels??? are they worth it, anybody here uses these??? and these bottles of Redex etc do they actually work, will they help my A2 do better???

Many Thanks Guys
Harry

Use shell diesel or any other top quality fuel. The extra for 'special' fuels is not worth it IMHO. I have three years of brim to brim evidence (sad I know) of comparison and BP ultimate ALWAYS returned less mpg.

Ok guys thanks for reply

well i drove around yesterday and found that BP ultimate was 98.9p and on the same road found Shell and Tesco doing their fuels at 89.9p so i opted for Shell Diesel Extra which was 89.9p lets see how far it gos!!

but is there anybody here that actually uses the 'special' fuels and has found any extra benefit??? BP claim 28 miles more per tank!!!!!! on their Ultimate fuel!!!

I use BP ultima petrol in my motorbikes (used the diesel once, but that’s another story:eek: ). They run better on it. Read on one of the motor bike sites that part of the difference is the cleaning agents, The view of the experts seem to be that you will get the same benefit of using the ultima filling up one in five or six as you would do filling up every time, if that helps:confused: .

H17RYH said:
But is there anybody here who uses the fuels that are extra at pumps, for example BP / Ultimate

Hi Harry and welcome to the A2 club.

This is not scientific I know, but I tried the BP Ultimate the other day adding 30 litres to the 10 litres Tesco's diesel in the tank (at the red alarm mark). I drove down to the alarm again and got approximately 72 mpg compared to 62 mpg over the last year. It cost £1.10 / litre (wow!) cf about 96p at Tescos at the time. So I recon that there was no cost benefit - i.e. the same cost per mile.

I was going to try another tank (which would have been just 2.5 litres of old fuel remaining) but I sucummed to a Tesco's 5p off per litre voucher!

I must admit I try and put shell in if i'm driving but the other half puts anything in. In my youth (ah such happy memories) I worked at a filling station and was amazed to see how much effort went into storing the fuels properly. I recently had a dodgy tank of derv but not quite as bad as Skipton (who had to have his tank flushed). My point is that its like a fine wine, its no good just buying the label on its own, it also has to be well kept. So if you're going to buy the premium fuels make sure you go somewhere where they are likely to sell enough to keep stocks turning over.

Regards

Jonathan

Only one quality of diesel fuel is offered here. It's a mix of 5% RME and 95% regular diesel.

Just got news, i will be picking up my audi a2 on friday this week if all gos to plan

so after driving a focus tdci 1.8 for 3 years hopefully i will see a difference, but i will keep you all informed, wish me luck!!!!!!

just got it

Guys

I have done it, i just picked up my A2 yesterday, and first thoughts i like it!!!! been driving it and i love the ride the pick up and the smart looks inside, and the way you stop at the lights and the person next to you is looking at the car (YOU CAN SEE IT IN THE CORNER OF YOUR EYE)!!!!I LOVE IT

Got some extras at the garage after a massive row over the service! you see Tonbridge Audi were supposed to service it before they gave it to me that was the deal when i starting the purchase!!, when i got there yesterday the sales person told me that because the system in the car said next service at 8000 miles i would have to bare the cost of the next service myself, and that they would not service it, they would only do it if it was 5000 miles or under. So after threating to not take the car they agreed to service it when it is due for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

other than that a free AUDI bath robe in the boot along with a Audi first aid kit which wasnt there on the test drive was a nice suprise!!!!!

Its driving well and i hope i will get along fine with it i love the system already nice clear sound!!! the dealer told me it had a full valet inside out but inside could do with a once over i think i wont bother them and will do it myself!!

i will give u guys a update soon!!:)

harry

Hello Mate

Yes i got him to write it on paper and sign it, and asked him to send it in a formal letter on Monday!!!!

Harry

Guys im having problems with my DIS system how we get to work??

Back