Dip stick

driver8013

A2OC Donor
Just ordered a new Dipstick from Audi Warrington, £8.64 inc vat, good price, but they wanted £41 for a coolant temp sensor. Needless to say i only bought the dipstick.

Good price for the dipstick! But as you say £41 for the sensor is way too much. My last A2 had to have 2 sensors fitted by me over a couple of years at a much better price of around £8 each from ebay. Maybe not genuine Audi sensors but looked identical and worked :)

Two sensors in two years shows you get what you pay for......but it also implies that you had to buy a third sensor when the second one failed....... plus the extra fuel used when they did fail?
Seems a too expensive way of running a car to me!

One might agree but I don't. I needed to replace one when I first brought the car and then one more just over 2 yrs later. So I brought 2 not 3. The second one hadn't failed. Who knows maybe the first one was faulty when I got it? Anyway these sensors appear to be a common problem on the A2. Because of this I would prefer to pay 2x £8 rather than the possibility of 2x £41. :D

Just bought a new sensor off Ebay £7.50 for a OE part, not bad, just have to try to fit the thing now.

Was just going to say well done getting the dipstick for that, I had to buy one, was quoted £8.64 + vat.

When I went to pick it up today, the bill was £8.16! all in.

Doncaster Audi

Back