DIS Variations and how to code

PaulA2

My A2 had dis and had the two options to cover mpg etc. One was left as the long term (Menu 2) and one was the shorter term (menu 1).

Having done the dash swap for Terry his has the DIS but only the single mpg, time etc listing on his DIS. Is this a hardware limitation or a coding one as I could not for the life of me find how to adapt with vagcom!

Thanks for any advice!

My A2 had it so when you scrolled through there was a list that comprised of 2 values (mpg time etc) albeit you did not select the different menus with the selector button.

can you give more details, never heard of this before

i have two values, one is for live mpg and the other shows the mpg over time until to hold the button down to reset

there is no other reading on my dis2

When scrolling thourgh the values using the end button on the stalk there are 2 sets of values, one range of values has a little 1 in the corner of the screen, the other has a 2 in the corner of the screen.

Does this makes sense? The range of values with the 1 in the top corner of the screen are the shorter term values and the range of values with a 2 in the screen are the long term items.

When scrolling thourgh the values using the end button on the stalk there are 2 sets of values, one range of values has a little 1 in the corner of the screen, the other has a 2 in the corner of the screen.

Does this makes sense? The range of values with the 1 in the top corner of the screen are the shorter term values and the range of values with a 2 in the screen are the long term items.

I have "1" and "2" on the DIS screen for speed exceed alarm, I never had different set o values for mpg

Paul, are you sure you are talking about an A2 ?
Amongst other VAG-group cars, there are indeed many that have 2 sets of average/trip values for the DIS.

Yes I am sure! It was my A2 that I was driving for quite some time!

It certainly sounds like a strange one as I initially expected but there are definitely 2 sets of values on the DIS in an 03 TDI Sport.

Yes I am sure! It was my A2 that I was driving for quite some time!

It certainly sounds like a strange one as I initially expected but there are definitely 2 sets of values on the DIS in an 03 TDI Sport.

Very rare VAG **** up??. maybe the wrong software was installed I a mess up was made during a repair somewhere in the cars life.. what you have now is what the A2 should have on DIS2

.. be interesting to find out if it is possible to reserve and retro install these 'features' that you did have

you access dis 2 by on/off reset switch. just to confirm my a2 has single dis and pauls had dis-1 and dis-2 1 hold single trip memorey and the other holds accumalative journies up to 2500milesish hope that helps

Back