Do these pipes connect together

Craig

Noticed this pipe was hanging down when i was under the car so took this pic

My question is do they connect together :confused:

Hi Craig,

Those pipes will have originally connected to the Webasto metering pump, which supplies diesel as required to the Webasto heater. As your car has had its Webasto removed at some point, I'd suggest that somebody has done a full job and removed all elements of the Webasto system.

The only thing that I would recommend checking is that the pipes aren't leaking Diesel - please just check that they're suitably sealed off. :)

Regards,

Matt.

Hi Craig,

Those pipes will have originally connected to the Webasto metering pump, which supplies diesel as required to the Webasto heater. As your car has had its Webasto removed at some point, I'd suggest that somebody has done a full job and removed all elements of the Webasto system.

The only thing that I would recommend checking is that the pipes aren't leaking Diesel - please just check that they're suitably sealed off. :)

Regards,

Matt.

Hey matt,

why would anyone remove the Webasto in the 1st place & is it needed?

Hi,

No idea why it would be removed. Perhaps it was not working, leaking or taken to fit onto another car? :confused: It's not strictly needed, it just means the car will take longer to warm up when the outside temperature is cold.

Regards,

Matt.

for some reason it looks like a petrol tank , not diesel , as to what looks like the fuel filter attached to the side of the tank in the photo, i may be wrong as to the photo angle, but id suggest sealing up the two holes in the floor as they will let water into the car under the carpets in the back of the car .. you could just use a couple 10mm bolts as thats where the metering pump was bolted to the floorpan, did you check under the bonnet to see if the webasto is present or removed, its location is behind the driverside headlight on top of the stone gaurd as such ...

a2 webasto.JPG

Last edited:
Back