Does anyone have the BOSE system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zishan03

If anybody got this in their car, could you please tell me if its any good?
Is it the sound quality that good?
And is it worth the extra money they ask for it? Or would you be better off taking your car down to your nearest ICE centre and getting a good install worth the same amount?

Thanks

Zishan

I haven't got it, however have heard it. It does sound better than the standard system, however I guess it can never be value for money compared to a after market install.

Kaine

----------------------------------------------------------
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie

I've got it. A guy selling a second hand A2 was raving about it to me over the phone. I guess that coloured my judgement.

I bought my car new and specified the Bose system. I didnt want my new car being taken apart for an after market install, and the Bose system is I believe factory fit ONLY.

I think its better than the standard system but not worth the extra audi charge. At lower volume I find the bass response is weedy, lacking depth, although once you crank it up things improve. The clarity is good and the soundfield easily controllable and 'full'.

The amplifier is sited next to the battery in the rear which means the toolkit is relocated to the front driver footwell, where it is not that easy to access.

I suggest you investigate other systems first.

John (& Mary) Imber 2003 1.4TDI SE, metallic silver, open sky, black leather /alcantara, Bose, ECC, DIS, Winter pack, mud flaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back