Does anyone use the front cupholders?

rasA2

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Having another look at the cup holders in the front I noticed they are quite shallow. From just looking at them closed they looked very similar to my previous A4 which was a B5 of the same era as the A2’s. However they used to have a hole and a piece that used to fit below the support the cup below hence the cup would sit lower unlike the A2

what cups do you good folks use that fit in nicely ideally for coffee or water. I don’t really want to go down the route of buying a rear cupholder.
Or has anyone modded the front holders so the cups can sit lower?

I use it basicalky only with cans and even it they sit quite high I haven't any problems with spilling

There is a picture of the 0,5l can. It sits really nicely and don't tip over even when taking corners really fast.

Attachments

• 20240414_160253.jpg
    20240414_160253.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
I think I’ve found the perfect cup, close up pic fits in snug however doesn't fully rest on the base i could pack up but think it will be OK.

IMG_7508.jpeg
IMG_7509.jpeg

Having another look at the cup holders in the front I noticed they are quite shallow. From just looking at them closed they looked very similar to my previous A4 which was a B5 of the same era as the A2’s. However they used to have a hole and a piece that used to fit below the support the cup below hence the cup would sit lower unlike the A2

what cups do you good folks use that fit in nicely ideally for coffee or water. I don’t really want to go down the route of buying a rear cupholder.
I use a regular travel cup. No problem with spilling even though it sits high. Just need to find a cup narrow enough to fit. I do tend to hit the bottom of the holder when I go for the indicators so I use the passenger side holder.

I find most drinks fit into the holders to be honest. I tend to use the passenger one as a preference as otherwise my hand knocks the drink when indicating occasionally.

I've found that the paper cups and cans tend to fall out once they are almost empty. There's the sweet spot where it is not full enough to stay in the holder, and not empty enough not to spill the content all over you or the passenger seat.

Evening all,

I personally don’t use the front cup holders in my sweet Soul interior. I find that I can easily use the rear cup holder for a camelback water bottle or a costa cup. I have no issue getting my drink from behind me whilst still being able to continue to focus on the road ahead.

On the flip side, the other driver here continues to this very day to use the front cup holders for Costa cups in the beautiful Twist interior. Some of the Twist plastics look more like Jive until I get the AutoGlym products to clean up afterwards.

Kind regards,

Tom

Anyone had issues with them not staying closed during stowage? Might need a repair or replacement.
this may help?

Sounds like OP is having a different issue related to mechanism that keeps it closed. Hard to say if it can be repaired without opening it up.

Yes. We use them to hold Bottles of Water but the Drivers Side tends to get in the way !

Back