Door card removal

dan_b

A2OC Donor
Is there a "how to" guide for door card removal?
In particular, where to pull what, and where all the retaining screws are?

I keep meaning to get round to putting my soundproofing in but keep putting it off, need to get over my fear of damaging the trim!

There are three screws.

Remove the tweeter grill, using a small knife / screwdriver (broad blade, thin size!) at the handle end. Remove tx20.

Underneath the armrest are two more tx20. Remove those.

Pull from the bottom. There is a cutout in the middle for this; if you need help, use a long, widebladed screwdriver covered in cloth and EASE it off, don't pull. It's hooked in at the top; the release for the door has a physical cable attached.
Everything else is logical.

Bret

I would strongly recommend damping the plastics in the A-pillar base, the b-pillar base and the c-pillar base, too; damp the plastic, add some weight, then fill the void with cotton wadding. The difference is vast.

If you haven't got a roller, get one. And if you feel you have too much damping and need to get rid some, LMK. I'm up for at least another half pack at the moment :)

Bret

Cheers!
I've got one large box of the dynamat stuff so I'll just see how much I get through doing the front doors as a starting point...

I'll reiterate that every single interior screw in my car - glovebox, dash trim, side panels, doorcards - is a TX20. You will need a real screwdriver, too, not just a dumpy driver.

Bret

Great, will give this a go when I get a clear day away from the kids and some good weather, hopefully soon!

When you do, give me a shout. I would love to be able to take a look at how to do the door card for when I replace the door straps on mine.

When you do, give me a shout. I would love to be able to take a look at how to do the door card for when I replace the door straps on mine.

Door check straps are a 10 minute job once you've done one you'll say why did i take so long to get round to doing that;)

Cheers Phil

Ah ha, managed to attend to putting my sound deadening mats in this morning - have done both front doors so far, took about 25mins per door to remove card, cut and affix appropriate slices of sticky mat (1.5 sheets per door in the end) and replace door card. If I get some time this afternoon I'll do the rear doors. Then the next job will be the wheel arches - need to work out how to remove the arch liners!

Back